• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tom Barrett Biggest Gun Dealer in Milwaukee

Constitutionalist

imported post

So I am looking at getting a new deer rifle and shopping online and find a guy that is selling used Milwaukee Police Glocks! Thats right, it appears when the city takes officer's weapons out of circulation they SELL THEM!! Now I am not aware of any FFL's in the city of Milwaukee, and if there are none, wouldn't that make the city, and Mayor Barrett the biggest gun dealer in the city? Liberal hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link where you can buy MPD guns:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/95754509...tions/Pistols/Glock-Pistols/22/MPD_Glocks.htm

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

This dealer is based out of Wauwatosa. Nothing out of the ordinary here. PDs trade in their old guns when they buy new ones. Gander Mountain in Wausau and Green Bay ended up with a pile of Bushmaster carbines with Trijicon optics.

Constitutionalist

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
This dealer is based out of Wauwatosa. Nothing out of the ordinary here. PDs trade in their old guns when they buy new ones. Gander Mountain in Wausau and Green Bay ended up with a pile of Bushmaster carbines with Trijicon optics.
What is out of the ordinary is Barrett is 100% anti gun. Always spouting off about "getting guns off the street", then it turns out that when MPD gets rid of it's guns the city (Under Barrett) sells them! Don't get me wrong, I am all for them doing it, but don't preach your anti gun BS all over the TV at the same time you are selling guns!!!

Constitutionalist

imported post

This is from Barrett's official city website:

GET ILLEGAL GUNS OFF THE STREETS:
Last year we took more than 2400 guns off the streets. As of May 2007 we've taken more than 1000 guns off the streets, a 29% increase over that time last year. I've said it before and I will say it again -- Illegal guns and the thugs who use them have no place in our community.
I want to know where the illegal guns are coming from, get those guns out of our neighborhoods and keep criminals from firing them at potential victims. I want responsible gun laws that work with us, not against us. I want laws that prohibit the sale of handguns to anyone under the age of 21. I want every handgun sale subject to a background check, no matter where it occurs.
This is about saving young lives and futures in Milwaukee. I need all of you to join in this fight. We need to put a stop to the easy access criminals have to illegal guns.

Now do you see the irony of him selling guns?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Constitutionalist wrote:
Now do you see the irony of him selling guns?
Nothing ironic here. He proclaims that only people under 21 should purchase handguns and that everyone should have a background check. By trading in his old handguns to a reputable dealer, he is ensuring that this takes place.:cool:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I have always found the phrase "getting guns off the street" kinda comical, since I have only once in my life found a gun laying in the street. And yes I did pick it up, kept it, and still shoot with it today after a bit of restoration.

The gun that I "Found on the street" is a springfield .22LR with a scope and hada magazine full of CCI stinger HP's and it had one in the chamber.
Therifle had some ugly hash-marks on it, but with a little sanding, swelling of the wood, and refinishing, it is a beautiful gun again.

AaronS

imported post

I keep thinking that now is the time for Tom Barrett to get himself a gun. He could have top pick. In the long run it would save us a bit of money next time he goes to the State Fair...

Mr.arker

imported post

I was told that S&W was taking all the Glocks that were not wanted by the officers when they received the S&W's.
If one of the coppers wanted his Glock, it was going to be transferred to Streicher's and then they would pay some small amount to get them back. So, I suppose they could pay something to Streicher's and resell them for a nice profit with an online dealer.
I know the aldermen wanted to make damned sure the law abiding citizens couldn't get a hold of them. They would rather see them in a blast furnace than let a "civilian" get one to defend their family.

JimE

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I have always found the phrase "getting guns off the street" kinda comical, since I have only once in my life found a gun laying in the street. And yes I did pick it up, kept it, and still shoot with it today after a bit of restoration.

The gun that I "Found on the street" is a springfield .22LR with a scope and hada magazine full of CCI stinger HP's and it had one in the chamber.
Therifle had some ugly hash-marks on it, but with a little sanding, swelling of the wood, and refinishing, it is a beautiful gun again.
I found a BB gun in the woods once. But anything other than that I would turn it in to the police. Not knowing it's origins would make me leery. Especially when the cops don't believe your "I found it on the street" storyafter they find it in your car after a routine traffic shakedown and discover it's been stolen, connected to three homicides, and a few drive-bys. It's just not worth the risk.:what: There may be a reason the previous owner ditched it, and if I honestly "lost" one of my guns I would promptly report it lost and most likely stolen. Any gun like that is definately a hot potato I wouldn't want to be caught holding. Are the serial numbers ground off?