• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for Kimber Tactical Ultra II?

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I am looking for a decent holster for my Kimber Tactical Ultra II - 1911 with 3" barrel. OC is what I am looking for since I am in Wisconsin (thanks a lot Mr Doyle).

I am currently looking at the Fobus paddle holster, regular and roto style;but I'mopen to suggestions. I want something that isn't too long (i.e. for a 5" 1911), doesn't wear on the gun too much but fairly secure, and keeps it close to my body. I like the roto because it looks like I could get both the belt loop and the paddle for the same holster and be able to switch back and forth depending on the need; but it does appear to stick out a little further due to the roto attachment.

My current holster is a Protech Intimidator, it was cheap;). I like itbut it hangs way out to the side making it uncomfortable when my arm is down, and it also seems to rotate backwards on its own so I am continuously having to adjust it. I know a better belt would help this but I think it would still be fairly far out there.

Thanks,

Brendon