• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Way Avoid Car Search

thompsongunner06

imported post

1st,,dont get pulled over.
If you do and the officer asks you to step out, as you are getting out hit the lock button. Make sure your keys are in the car! If the officer has no PC he will not be able to go into your car now. Say "Oh man,,Im sorry,,I will call my wife/husband/AAA to get keys. I will wait here on curb". After the officer leaves/issues ticket ect...get the hide a key out and go about your business. Do not consent to a car search for any reason. If they ask say no. The police cannot search without your consent or a warrent. A officer does have the right to look in your area for his safety,but if the car is locked then there is no more threat to him. I was an officer several years ago,,if I get pulled this is what I will do to prevent an illegal search.Also try to pull over in a lot or off the street. Then the police have no reason to tow you.

ocgso

imported post

Only problem I have is that I don't have a "hide a key" tucked anywhere in my car. I like the idea though, especially making it look like you accidentally locked them in.

I have considered getting a voice recorder for this very reason. I say that I did not give consent, the cop does, who wins.........

My daddy always said there are three sides to every story. Your point of view, his point of view, and the way it actually happened. Yet still LEO can say what they want in a court of law and it will almost always be taken as God's honest truth.

Either way, no matter what, don't talk to cops.

Below is a GREAT two part video series. It is LONG, but very informative and something everyone should see.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

my 2 cents.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Uh, under Arizona v. Gant the police cannot search your car once you have been removed from it absent probable cause anyway - what is the purpose of this thread?

NCjones

imported post

What's the reason? I don't carry any bombs or drugs. Personally I don't care if they dig thru my crap or not.