• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stone Mountain

aadvark

imported post

Georgia Carry has now prevailed and has managed to get Stone Mountain Association to discontinue their preempted ordinance concerning Firearms.

The Stone Mountain authority has now revamped thier Firearms ordinance to comply with StateLaw.

However, there is one major problem though. Stone Monuntains Ordinance says that you have to have a Georgia Firearms License to carry a Firearm. For Pistols this is correct, but for Long guns and Weapons this is not correct, as Georgia permits open carry of Long guns and Weaponsrather or not one is Licensed to do so, provided; the Person in question maylegally have the Firearm (i.e. not a Felon).

Georgia Carry needs to bring this to the attention of The Stone Mountain Authority to ensure their ordinance is exactly in compliance with State Law.

However, Georgia Carry has now dropped their Lawsuit against The Stone Mountain Authority, and this now may not be possible.

If anyone within this forum who reads this knows, or is otherwise affiliated with anyonewho knows, anyone in Georgia Carry (Ed Stone, their attorney in Roswell, etc.) then please bring this to their attention!

However, Stone Mountain's other ordinance provisions are correct to a 'tee' as:

1. You can not discharge while there (Exception: Self Defense 16-3-21)

2. You can not carry to or while at a Public Gathering (16-11-127)

rmodel65

imported post

Stone Mtn is a state park and iirc you must have a GFL to carry any gun in state parks.....

aadvark

imported post

Yes, I agree that Stone Mountain Park is a State Park, but I thought one did not need a Permit to open carry a Long gun or hand held Weapon. Does 16-11-127(e) mean that every Person who enters a State Park with a Firearm/Weapon need a Permit regardless if the Firearm/Weapon is a Long gun or hand held weapon or not?