Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings in Charleston, WV

Post imported post

I have been eagerly awaiting the opening of the new Buffalo Wild Wings in Charleston. I came across this thread in the Virginia section.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31844.html

I wonder if ours will have the same sign posted?

Post imported post

It was probably about 7 or 8 months ago, but myself and a friend OC'd there a couple different times and nothing was said. Once we saw the sign go up we stopped going.

I have heard this is a Corperate policy, so the only question left is if the manager there will enforce it or not.

Post imported post

Well, here in the Charleston, WV area, we like our guns. A sign like that will not go over too well at all. The shopping center where this is being built gets a lot of business from the rural community, with the majority being hunters, sportsmen, and pro 2A people. There is a nice Quaker Steak and Lube about 1/4 mile away that will be BWW's main competitor. I can guarantee that a sign like that would deter a significant amount of business.

edit: Forgot to mention that it is directly across the parking lot from Gander Mountain. :celebrate

Post imported post

Thats odd, because; I have carried a loaded Shotgun into Buffalo Wild Wings, in a different state, and not one word was spoken, no police were called, and I was treated like a good customer.

Post imported post

In Green Bay, Wisconsin our Buffalo Wild Wings has a nice sign on the door saying NO GUNS. NEEDLESS to say I don't give them my money.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

State Researcher

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    In Green Bay, Wisconsin our Buffalo Wild Wings has a nice sign on the door saying NO GUNS. NEEDLESS to say I don't give them my money.
    In Wisconsin, those signs merely act as a reminder to not violate Wis. Stat. § 941.237, which prohibits carrying a handgun in any establishment serving alcohol pursuant to a Class B license or permit.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

WVCDL wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    In Wisconsin, those signs merely act as a reminder to not violate Wis. Stat. § 941.237, which prohibits carrying a handgun in any establishment serving alcohol pursuant to a Class B license or permit.
    I don't need to be reminded by them that I can't carry in a place that serves alcohol, I already know that, their food aint that good anyway.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    Thats odd, because; I have carried a loaded Shotgun into Buffalo Wild Wings, in a different state, and not one word was spoken, no police were called, and I was treated like a good customer.
    Hey, I had a couple of drinks in me but I wasn't exactly "loaded." But thanks for the lift!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

If I'm not mistaken, Charleston is one of the cities that has grandfathered ban on the open carry of firearms, so concelaed carry with permit would be the only way you could carry in the city anyway.

In that case, concealed carry, BW3 isn't going to know if you're carrying or not.

Post imported post

Charleston has a grandfathered ban on carrying on city property. BWW is on private property...and I'm not sure, but may actually be in South Charleston limits. That area always confused me. Some of the places have South Charleston addresses while others have Charleston.

Also, I realize that you can pretty much carry concealed anywhere you go. The point is, I don't particularly care to spend my money at businesses that are unfriendly to carry rights.

Post imported post

marlin336 wrote:
    Charleston has a grandfathered ban on carrying on city property. BWW is on private property...and I'm not sure, but may actually be in South Charleston limits. That area always confused me. Some of the places have South Charleston addresses while others have Charleston.
    From what I have been told the Charleston/SC Line actually runs through the middle of Wal-mart. I think that would make BWW in Charleston.

Haven't been there yet, anyone actually seen a sign there? The "can't carry where servin alcohol" thing doesn't apply in WV.

Monty

Post imported post

Went to eat at BWW earlier this evening. The building is not posted anywhere that I could find.

By the way; they were crowded, it was loud, the food was lousy, and the service was worse. For what it's worth, I've been to 3 other BWW locations and the food was great. I will give them a couple months to get settled and then return. If the doors are posted OR the food/service is still bad, then I won't return.
    :?