Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying "Special" Guns

Post imported post

Ok I'm gonna catch some **** for this one but....

My brother has been in the military for about 8 years now and as such has access to buy guns that I cannot. I think this is very un-fair and a few times he has wanted to sell his guns but claims that he could not sell to me as most are military/police purchase only.

So this will turn into a discussion I'm sure but first please answer these questions;

1. Could my brother sell these firearms to me knowing I am non-military/police?

2. Can one continue to buy these "special" firearms for the rest of their life after being military or police? Or do you have to be active?

3. What would be the easiest way for me to gain this freedom that the government does not want me to have because I am not one of the guys in blue or Camo? Could I get this privilege by simply being a local volunteer sheriffs deputy?

This is un-fair and unconstitutional as I am a better shot and far more responsible than many of my buddies in the military. And where in the constitution does it say I have the right to bear arms, but those arms have to be less effective than that of police or military.

Poop. Poop I tell you.

Post imported post

what kind of "special" guns are you talking about? This isn't Narnia.

Post imported post

Are these .38 Special?
    .44 Special?
    I don't know of a gun classification that is separate for military personnel. They may be able to use and fire weapons of classes other than ordinarily permitted in WA state, but weapons of that nature are owned by the US gov't, not the individual soldier.

brianstone1985 wrote:
    Ok I'm gonna catch some @#$% for this one but....

My brother has been in the military for about 8 years now and as such has access to buy guns that I cannot. I think this is very un-fair and a few times he has wanted to sell his guns but claims that he could not sell to me as most are military/police purchase only.

So this will turn into a discussion I'm sure but first please answer these questions;

1. Could my brother sell these firearms to me knowing I am non-military/police?

2. Can one continue to buy these "special" firearms for the rest of their life after being military or police? Or do you have to be active?

3. What would be the easiest way for me to gain this freedom that the government does not want me to have because I am not one of the guys in blue or Camo? Could I get this privilege by simply being a local volunteer sheriffs deputy?

This is un-fair and unconstitutional as I am a better shot and far more responsible than many of my buddies in the military. And where in the constitution does it say I have the right to bear arms, but those arms have to be less effective than that of police or military.

Poop. Poop I tell you.

Post imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
    Ok I'm gonna catch some @#$% for this one but....

Maybe, uhm, ......maybe he doesn't really want to sell them to you....

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Just because he's military doesn't mean he's able to buy anything you can't buy. The only thing that might do that is a FFL (Federal Firearms License) that would allow him to buy a fully automatic weapon or buy a gun through the mail.

The next time he says that BS just tell him his eyes are brown and his breath stinks.

Edited to remove offensive content.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

My brother has been in the military for about 8 years now and as such has access to buy guns that I cannot.
    Not true, to the best of my knowledge.

Can you give an example?

Bruce

Banned

Post imported post

I'm special and I can buy firearms so my firearms are now special

Post imported post

If you're talking about items that are marked LE/MILITARY only such as magazines, those restrictions have passed long ago. If you're talking about sights or other gun parts, those are typically just because military/LE receive a discount on such item (we're talking about all items you of course could buy at full price, though). If you're talking about silencers, fully automatic guns, or ray guns then your brother is full of it. First off anyone can buy a silencer in WA as long as the appropriate paper work is filled out and you're eligible. No one, not even military or LE, are allowed to be in possession of a fully automatic weapon unless they are working and on official business.

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    No one, not even military or LE, are allowed to be in possession of a fully automatic weapon unless they are working and on official business.
    In WA State.

Post imported post

So, can you give an example? What special he can get.

For the special military deal - can he buy an M1A2 main battle tank????

There are several companies and stores that will give a discount rate or special rateto active military and LEO's. Just ask before you buy. I know the Marksman in Tacoma has a whole counter full of LEO/Military rated guns.

Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Post imported post

Working on example now... patience please...

In the end I now realize he was for some reason probably lying to me... Perhaps it was marked military/LE for the magazine.

Post imported post

Some manufactures, like Sig, have, or used to have, firearms that they would only allow their authorized dealers to sell to mil/leo. It is not because of anything special about the firearm but it is simply a marketing gimmick that works pretty well for them.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Y'know, he may have just been honestly mistaken-
    trying to put it in the best light, and my opinion is there is a significant difference in deliberate malignment of the truth, and a simple mistake.
    But you know him much better than I!

brianstone1985 wrote:
    Working on example now... patience please...

In the end I now realize he was for some reason probably lying to me... Perhaps it was marked military/LE for the magazine.

Post imported post

Hammer wrote:
    ....there is a significant difference in deliberate malignment of the truth, and a simple mistake.
    Unless it is a LEO who doesn't know the law regarding OC!

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    G27 wrote:
    No one, not even military or LE, are allowed to be in possession of a fully automatic weapon unless they are working and on official business.
    In WA State.
    Does anyone really care what happens outside of Washington State?! I don't ever plan on leaving. I mean we got deserts, mountains, rain forests, marine climate... everything! I don't need anything else!

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Some manufactures, like Sig, have, or used to have, firearms that they would only allow their authorized dealers to sell to mil/leo. It is not because of anything special about the firearm but it is simply a marketing gimmick that works pretty well for them.
    Several manufacturers still do offer some oftheir guns as LE sales only. Once they have been purchased, theLE can then sell them to whoever they choose. These are not "special" guns, but merely a special package/configuration (night sights, more mags etc.)usually withamuch betterprice.

G27 wrote:
    Actually LE can (and do) possess full auto/select fire weapons even when not on duty or official business. The weapons are issued to the individual Officers, and they keep them in their patrol cars while working, and in their safe's/house when not. They are not turned in at the end of the day, and are yours to have and use even off duty.

If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    G27 wrote:
    In WA State.
    Does anyone really care what happens outside of Washington State?! I don't ever plan on leaving. I mean we got deserts, mountains, rain forests, marine climate... everything! I don't need anything else!
    And coffee.......don't forget coffee.......Lots and lots of coffee :quirky:celebrate

Actually LE can (and do) possess full auto/select fire weapons even when not on duty or official business. The weapons are issued to the individual Officers, and they keep them in their patrol cars while working, and in their safe's/house when not. They are not turned in at the end of the day, and are yours to have and use even off duty.
    My father did something like this with a Steyr while on the police dept. He was able to keep it. I wish I knew more specifics. Maybe my brother can chime in and add more. Mind you, he just recently resigned from active duty at 78 years old!

Cheers,
    Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Post imported post

I know that one of the local gun shops around here has an entire section/counter area that hold LE/Mil ONLY pistols. They are 100% exactly the same as the ones in the other section, however the prices are LE/Mil only. Required by Glock, Springfield, etc. to sell to only those that are LE/Mil and they have to document it.

The purchaser can of course do whatever they please with the guns after they own them.

Post imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
    G27 wrote:
    RCW 9.41.190Unlawful firearms — Exceptions.
    (1) It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.

(2) This section shall not apply to:

(a) Any peace officer in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty, or to any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty;

Post imported post

Thanks for all the advice and counsel! I have done some of my own research with the info provided and agree with everyone else here it wasnt some special gun but rather some extra equipment that came with the HK 2000 at a special price.

Problem solved.

I'm still thinking of being a volunteer sheriff though... might be fun.

Post imported post

My father did something like this with a Steyr while on the police dept. He was able to keep it. I wish I knew more specifics. Maybe my brother can chime in and add more. Mind you, he just recently resigned from active duty at 78 years old!

Cheers,
    Bill[/quote]

the steyr is a semi auto and it's "retired", not resigned

Post imported post

n15wb wrote

Cheers,
    Bill
    why are you ripping off some elses words?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Post imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    n15wb wrote

Cheers,
    Bill
    Ehhhh?? I don't follow you 245. Explain.

Yes, "retired". Probably more accurate!

Cheers,
    Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    G27 wrote:
    In WA State.
    Well I live right on the border of Idaho here and there is a local gun shop here in Spokanethat does full auto shoots in Idaho Just saying.

Post imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    n15wb wrote

Cheers,
    Bill
    Because I'm the brother he mentioned. Genius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast