• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying "Special" Guns

Misguided Child

imported post

My father did something like this with a Steyr while on the police dept. He was able to keep it. I wish I knew more specifics. Maybe my brother can chime in and add more. Mind you, he just recently resigned from active duty at 78 years old!

Cheers,
Bill[/quote]

the steyr is a semi auto and it's "retired", not resigned

1245A Defender

imported post

n15wb wrote
My father did something like this with a Steyr while on the police dept. He was able to keep it. I wish I knew more specifics. Maybe my brother can chime in and add more. Mind you, he just recently resigned from active duty at 78 years old!

Cheers,
Bill
why are you ripping off some elses words?

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
n15wb wrote

Cheers,
Bill

Ehhhh?? I don't follow you 245. Explain.

Yes, "retired". Probably more accurate!

Cheers,
Bill

David.Car

imported post

G27 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
G27 wrote:
No one, not even military or LE, are allowed to be in possession of a fully automatic weapon unless they are working and on official business.
In WA State.
Does anyone really care what happens outside of Washington State?! :lol: I don't ever plan on leaving. I mean we got deserts, mountains, rain forests, marine climate... everything! I don't need anything else!
Well I live right on the border of Idaho here and there is a local gun shop here in Spokanethat does full auto shoots in Idaho :) Just saying.

Misguided Child

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
n15wb wrote

Cheers,
Bill

Because I'm the brother he mentioned. Genius

Dave_pro2a

imported post

G27 wrote:
No one, not even military or LE, are allowed to be in possession of a fully automatic weapon unless they are working and on official business.
afaik:

There are grandfathered full auto guns in WA, totally legal. I imagine many are owned by average Joe citizens (non-LEO).

Transfer/sale of those guns is illegal.

FE427TP

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
G27 wrote:
afaik:

There are grandfathered full auto guns in WA, totally legal. I imagine many are owned by average Joe citizens (non-LEO).

Transfer/sale of those guns is illegal.

Anything full auto/SBR/SBS owned before 1994 is grandfathered in and legal for the owner to keep

RCW 9.41.190Unlawful firearms — Exceptions.
(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.