Thread: Biometric Gun Safe

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I am just starting to look into this, does anyone have one? Anyone with inside information?
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

Sorry no info here, i'm about to bing/google it though...

But while on the subject any one know anything about these?

http://www.lasermax.com

Personally I'm not a laser person, but they did intrigue me.

:celebrate
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    I am just starting to look into this, does anyone have one? Anyone with inside information?
    Only what I've read and heard...

They can be sensitive and you have to "scan" just right to get it to open. When your adrenaline is flowing and you're shaking all over the place, the last thing you want to have to worry about is proper finger/hand placement. At least that's how I feel, and I've read up on quite a few models.

Read some of the amazon reviews.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_...refix=biometri

Post imported post

I looked at them but they didnt seem worth the added price. I ended up buying a gun vault at Cabelas. I love it with the hand combination which you can use combinations of finger actions on it. Also for quick emergency access I have a key to unlock it. I bolted it to the floor and eventually I'll be buying a small rifle safe for the house and a very large one to store the rest of my weapons off site. I'm not sure which rifle safes I'm buying but most likely will something like this: Rifle Safe: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Gun Vault
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have the lasermax and love it. Yes, it would be nice if it turned on when you grabbed the handle of the gun, but depending on where your index finger lays it may just fit you as it does me. As I draw my index finger naturally goes where the switch is to turn it on anyways. I typically draw and shoot at the range and practice turning it on every chance I get. I don't find that it takes any longer to draw, although when the *$%! hits the fan, there is no guarantee you will remember to turn it on as you draw.

I have not had any issues with it not turning on immediately with one smooth press of the slide lock.

Post imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
    I have the lasermax and love it. Yes, it would be nice if it turned on when you grabbed the handle of the gun, but depending on where your index finger lays it may just fit you as it does me. As I draw my index finger naturally goes where the switch is to turn it on anyways. I typically draw and shoot at the range and practice turning it on every chance I get. I don't find that it takes any longer to draw, although when the *$%! hits the fan, there is no guarantee you will remember to turn it on as you draw.

I have not had any issues with it not turning on immediately with one smooth press of the slide lock.
    Thanks VERY much for the imput, I am seriously considering the purchuse of one for my Glock 21 w/finger groves. If anyone knows of anyone dumpin one for a reduced price, that would be great.

Thanks again!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:

[/quote]

:what::what::what::what:
    Where can I pick up a filled one??? Man coke would make a fortune selling those. All you'd need is an add with those 2 pics. You can grab a coke while picking up your rifle :celebrate

PS though the lock on that would be a piece of cake to break off.

Post imported post

Nothing spells happiness more than a full gun safe...

Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

I sell gun safes WHOLESALE in Livonia, The biometric safes haven't proven themselves yet. they tend to not open correctly unless you scan perfect. I sell the Gunvault gunsafes as well as the Smith & Wesson with no problems. If anyone needs a Gunvault I would be happy to Sell it at a discounted price for Members. e-mail me at mmdet1@yahoo.com.

Post imported post

If you're looking for a smaller safe for your handgun, plus room for some extras look at this one. I've had not problems with. As a matter of fact, it still has the same batteries I put in it back in March.

http://www.deansafe.com/wievhasahosa.html

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

So, does anyone actually OWN a BIOMETRIC unit?
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    FatboyCykes wrote:
    :what::what::what::what:
    Where can I pick up a filled one??? Man coke would make a fortune selling those. All you'd need is an add with those 2 pics. You can grab a coke while picking up your rifle :celebrate

PS though the lock on that would be a piece of cake to break off.
    I can see myself now in the middle of the night trying to flatten out the dang dollar bill so I could get out my home defense shotty!!!!

Post imported post

lol!

Post imported post

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.