• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Biometric Gun Safe

FatboyCykes

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I am just starting to look into this, does anyone have one? Anyone with inside information?
Only what I've read and heard...

They can be sensitive and you have to "scan" just right to get it to open. When your adrenaline is flowing and you're shaking all over the place, the last thing you want to have to worry about is proper finger/hand placement. At least that's how I feel, and I've read up on quite a few models.

Read some of the amazon reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0...s=biometric+gun+safe&x=0&y=0&sprefix=biometri

mikestilly

imported post

I looked at them but they didnt seem worth the added price. I ended up buying a gun vault at Cabelas. I love it with the hand combination which you can use combinations of finger actions on it. Also for quick emergency access I have a key to unlock it. I bolted it to the floor and eventually I'll be buying a small rifle safe for the house and a very large one to store the rest of my weapons off site. I'm not sure which rifle safes I'm buying but most likely will something like this: Rifle Safe: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Gun Vault
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have the lasermax and love it. Yes, it would be nice if it turned on when you grabbed the handle of the gun, but depending on where your index finger lays it may just fit you as it does me. As I draw my index finger naturally goes where the switch is to turn it on anyways. I typically draw and shoot at the range and practice turning it on every chance I get. I don't find that it takes any longer to draw, although when the *$%! hits the fan, there is no guarantee you will remember to turn it on as you draw.

I have not had any issues with it not turning on immediately with one smooth press of the slide lock.

eastmeyers

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
I have the lasermax and love it. Yes, it would be nice if it turned on when you grabbed the handle of the gun, but depending on where your index finger lays it may just fit you as it does me. As I draw my index finger naturally goes where the switch is to turn it on anyways. I typically draw and shoot at the range and practice turning it on every chance I get. I don't find that it takes any longer to draw, although when the *$%! hits the fan, there is no guarantee you will remember to turn it on as you draw.

I have not had any issues with it not turning on immediately with one smooth press of the slide lock.

Thanks VERY much for the imput, I am seriously considering the purchuse of one for my Glock 21 w/finger groves. If anyone knows of anyone dumpin one for a reduced price, that would be great.

Thanks again!

FatboyCykes

imported post

7439_20090908190725_1.jpg

7439_20090908190726_3.jpg

mikestilly

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:

[/quote]

:what::what::what::what:
Where can I pick up a filled one??? Man coke would make a fortune selling those. All you'd need is an add with those 2 pics. You can grab a coke while picking up your rifle :celebrate

PS though the lock on that would be a piece of cake to break off.

MMC

imported post

I sell gun safes WHOLESALE in Livonia, The biometric safes haven't proven themselves yet. they tend to not open correctly unless you scan perfect. I sell the Gunvault gunsafes as well as the Smith & Wesson with no problems. If anyone needs a Gunvault I would be happy to Sell it at a discounted price for Members. e-mail me at mmdet1@yahoo.com.

myusername

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
FatboyCykes wrote:

:what::what::what::what:
Where can I pick up a filled one??? Man coke would make a fortune selling those. All you'd need is an add with those 2 pics. You can grab a coke while picking up your rifle :celebrate

PS though the lock on that would be a piece of cake to break off.

I can see myself now in the middle of the night trying to flatten out the dang dollar bill so I could get out my home defense shotty!!!!