View Poll Results: Should we develop a California Open Carry logo?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 77.27%
  • No

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California Open Carry Logo

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

What does everyone think about developing a California Open Carry logo?

At the meet this month at the Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga, we had a brief discussion about getting a little more formal in our organization. I think some felt that this may be a little premature to do this.

However,it might be good to start to introducea standard recognizable logo that we could display on a shirt, hat, banner, or flag at our events so that people could get a sense of organization, at least in the sense that we have a common purpose. If there is enough interest, I thought we could first come up with a list of criteria that our logo should contain.

Let me throw out some suggestions for criteria. It would be nice for the logo to have:

• The words "California Open Carry";
    • A gun in a holster;
    • A unique shape;
    What do you think? Is there any interest?
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Post suggestions and I'll start drawing in Photoshop
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

I vote for a version of the California state flag with the bear wearing a holstered pistol. After all, the second amendment guarantees us the right to keep armed bears.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/const-toc.html

I don't see any "Keep and Bear Arms" amendment there...

Post imported post

It would also be nice to have some kind of decal that businesses could put on their doors to signify that OC is OK. Perhaps, just a square with:

OC
    OK

They would be signifying that they allow/support OC without the "stigma" of having something that has a picture of a firearm on it.

Thoughts?

Post imported post

I'd rather there be a "2A FRIENDLY" sticker.

OC but no CC? CC but no OC?

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Banned

Post imported post

wewd wrote:
    I vote for a version of the California state flag with the bear wearing a holstered pistol. After all, the second amendment guarantees us the right to keep armed bears.
    Ha, I remember on calguns when we were trying to put an AR-15 on a bear.

I like 2A FRIENDLY added to a sidearmed bear. Maybe a bear standing and wearing a shirt with it on there... Would need to be sufficiently large to read the text.

It would serve a dual purpose, logo for our clothes, decal for 2A friendly businesses.

Also, I think friendly has connotations both in business and the military. (friendly vs hostile)

Post imported post

Should have results later this afternoon

State Researcher

Post imported post

I voted no; not that I think a logo is a bad idea, but because we would be putting the cart before the horse.

What we really need is to form a state-wide organization. This is something I've really wanted to get going for a couple years now (back when there was like 10 of us total on this state's sub-forum). I think now we might be getting enough people where it's a good time to do it.

Once we have a board of directors, a stated purpose/mission, etc... then we should start worrying about the details.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

It can not be too detailed. Look at any recognizable logo and you will notice every single one looks like it took 20 seconds to draw up. No matter what anyone says, simplicity is key.

Here is a little idea I just cut up. You may be able to add a smile or a face with a toothpick in his mouth or something in the picture. Or add a better looking cowboy hat. Or no cowboy hat at all. Just an idea..

Edit: Or maybe add asmaller California with a womans hat and then 2 very small californias with two baseball caps showinghes protecting his family

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    I voted no; not that I think a logo is a bad idea, but because we would be putting the cart before the horse.

What we really need is to form a state-wide organization. This is something I've really wanted to get going for a couple years now (back when there was like 10 of us total on this state's sub-forum). I think now we might be getting enough people where it's a good time to do it.

Once we have a board of directors, a stated purpose/mission, etc... then we should start worrying about the details.
    Very good. Though there is no harm in dabbling in a logo idea just yet? Nothing official.

Post imported post

Rainbow colored gun, with caption
    "I'm married to the 2nd Amendment!"

Back:
    Banana mags in a coffin
    "I can only vote 10 times by law!"

Bad brain, bad brain, now stop that.......
    Only reason I'm still breathing is I can't draw or make a t-shirt.
    I am not right in the head and proud of it.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    I'd rather there be a "2A FRIENDLY" sticker.

OC but no CC? CC but no OC?
    Good point. "Friends of the 2nd Amendment" would be an excellent tag line, but doesn't necessarily need to be in the logo.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    this is pretty hard

it needs to be able to print onto any color shirt
    I have a little experience in logo development. A couple of thoughts to keep in mind...

1. The logo needs to be eye-catching and at the same time universally understood. Logos that need explaining are only good for some unique types of business, not the general public.

2.A well designed logo will "work" in full color, single color, and black and white. Sometimes minor modifications are appropriate to do so, but the logo itself doesn't change. So a good logo is actually a collection of versions off of the full color logo.

3. Any text integral to the logo must be legible at any font size for the intended purpose. For example, on a booth signthe logo should be legible anywhere from 20-50 ft away perhaps more, while a printed document or brochure (letterhead and the like) should be legible from 3-10 ft away. A logo you can't read is a worthless logo. Because of this a lot of logos forego text all together.

I suggest a friendly logo competition. Everyone with a creative hand submit your logo for judging. May the best logo win. How about designs being due in 1-2 weeks.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

Very good. Though there is no harm in dabbling in a logo idea just yet? Nothing official.
    I agree that forming a state-wide organization would be great! I'm not sure how quickly this can be done and whether we have enough financial resources to sustain an organization.

In the meantime, we are currently having meet-ups with an educational purpose in mind. We need to start to catalyze our individual efforts into a recognizable unit. I just think that a logo might start us down that road.

We could just say it was an interim logo. You know, just to cover our gatherings, form a visual identity, and generatemore interestuntil weorganize as a non-profit corporation.

This could be a test to see if we can really come to a meeting of the minds on one single task. I'm no artist, but we have others with various talents; some with graphic skills, some with business savvy, some with a great handle on the law, some with great ideas!

We shouldstart to exercise some of these other talents to begin to fill in the framework of organized open carry in California. :celebrate

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:

THIS^^^^

I voted no as well.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

THIS^^^^

I voted no as well.
    Let's hear your reasons.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/const-toc.html

I don't see any "Keep and Bear Arms" amendment there...
    Look in Article 3, Section 1.

Post imported post

That argument has been used in the courts before, and been ignored.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

Typical.
    If they don't want to see it, they won't.

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

THIS^^^^

I voted no as well.
    In this age of computers and internet, starting an maintaining a corporation is getting easier and more manageable. There are some costs of course, and that can present barriers or obstacles, but I believe they can be overcome for initial organizing. Keeping people interested and active once the corp is formed is a problem thatI've seen surface. So a key ingredient is to act in a responsible manner in operating the corp, and be very inclusive ofyour support group. And don't expect immediate profits from a newly formed org. It's like growing a child or business.

Post imported post

tall_tree wrote:
    It would also be nice to have some kind of decal that businesses could put on their doors to signify that OC is OK. Perhaps, just a square with:

OC
    OK

They would be signifying that they allow/support OC without the "stigma" of having something that has a picture of a firearm on it.

Thoughts?
    I guess a simple square sticker with this message "2A OK" should be okay. No guns, no nothing. Will raise interests for those who dont know it, and won't be "hostile" to those who are antis. They probably wont notice it even. They will just be surprised to see a fellow near them with a holstered firearm.

Mods, I can't log in for some reason. So I re-registered from KS_to_CA to CA_fr_KS. Not a lot of imagination there but I figure it would be easy to trace what happenedif you got time to check it.

Post imported post

I would like to see some of those European style oval stickers (that say UK, FR, IT, DE, etc for each country) but with OC and 2A in them. I'd put one on each corner of my back window. I drive a Volvo so it would look appropriate anyway.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast