• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Open Carry Logo

Should we develop a California Open Carry logo?

• Total voters

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

What does everyone think about developing a California Open Carry logo?

At the meet this month at the Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga, we had a brief discussion about getting a little more formal in our organization. I think some felt that this may be a little premature to do this.

However,it might be good to start to introducea standard recognizable logo that we could display on a shirt, hat, banner, or flag at our events so that people could get a sense of organization, at least in the sense that we have a common purpose. If there is enough interest, I thought we could first come up with a list of criteria that our logo should contain.

Let me throw out some suggestions for criteria. It would be nice for the logo to have:

• The words "California Open Carry";
  • A gun in a holster;
  • A unique shape;
What do you think? Is there any interest?

wewd

imported post

I vote for a version of the California state flag with the bear wearing a holstered pistol. After all, the second amendment guarantees us the right to keep armed bears.

tall_tree

imported post

It would also be nice to have some kind of decal that businesses could put on their doors to signify that OC is OK. Perhaps, just a square with:

OC
OK

They would be signifying that they allow/support OC without the "stigma" of having something that has a picture of a firearm on it.

Thoughts?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

wewd wrote:
I vote for a version of the California state flag with the bear wearing a holstered pistol. After all, the second amendment guarantees us the right to keep armed bears.
Ha, I remember on calguns when we were trying to put an AR-15 on a bear.

I like 2A FRIENDLY added to a sidearmed bear. Maybe a bear standing and wearing a shirt with it on there... Would need to be sufficiently large to read the text.

It would serve a dual purpose, logo for our clothes, decal for 2A friendly businesses.

Also, I think friendly has connotations both in business and the military. (friendly vs hostile)

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I voted no; not that I think a logo is a bad idea, but because we would be putting the cart before the horse.

What we really need is to form a state-wide organization. This is something I've really wanted to get going for a couple years now (back when there was like 10 of us total on this state's sub-forum). I think now we might be getting enough people where it's a good time to do it.

Once we have a board of directors, a stated purpose/mission, etc... then we should start worrying about the details.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

It can not be too detailed. Look at any recognizable logo and you will notice every single one looks like it took 20 seconds to draw up. No matter what anyone says, simplicity is key.

Here is a little idea I just cut up. You may be able to add a smile or a face with a toothpick in his mouth or something in the picture. Or add a better looking cowboy hat. Or no cowboy hat at all. Just an idea..

Edit: Or maybe add asmaller California with a womans hat and then 2 very small californias with two baseball caps showinghes protecting his family

coc.jpg

Streetbikerr6

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I voted no; not that I think a logo is a bad idea, but because we would be putting the cart before the horse.

What we really need is to form a state-wide organization. This is something I've really wanted to get going for a couple years now (back when there was like 10 of us total on this state's sub-forum). I think now we might be getting enough people where it's a good time to do it.

Once we have a board of directors, a stated purpose/mission, etc... then we should start worrying about the details.
Very good. Though there is no harm in dabbling in a logo idea just yet? Nothing official.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Rainbow colored gun, with caption
"I'm married to the 2nd Amendment!"

Back:
Banana mags in a coffin
"I can only vote 10 times by law!"

Bad brain, bad brain, now stop that.......
Only reason I'm still breathing is I can't draw or make a t-shirt.
I am not right in the head and proud of it. :cool:

coolusername2007

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
this is pretty hard

it needs to be able to print onto any color shirt

I have a little experience in logo development. A couple of thoughts to keep in mind...

1. The logo needs to be eye-catching and at the same time universally understood. Logos that need explaining are only good for some unique types of business, not the general public.

2.A well designed logo will "work" in full color, single color, and black and white. Sometimes minor modifications are appropriate to do so, but the logo itself doesn't change. So a good logo is actually a collection of versions off of the full color logo.

3. Any text integral to the logo must be legible at any font size for the intended purpose. For example, on a booth signthe logo should be legible anywhere from 20-50 ft away perhaps more, while a printed document or brochure (letterhead and the like) should be legible from 3-10 ft away. A logo you can't read is a worthless logo. Because of this a lot of logos forego text all together.

I suggest a friendly logo competition. Everyone with a creative hand submit your logo for judging. May the best logo win. How about designs being due in 1-2 weeks.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

Very good. Though there is no harm in dabbling in a logo idea just yet? Nothing official.
I agree that forming a state-wide organization would be great! I'm not sure how quickly this can be done and whether we have enough financial resources to sustain an organization.

In the meantime, we are currently having meet-ups with an educational purpose in mind. We need to start to catalyze our individual efforts into a recognizable unit. I just think that a logo might start us down that road.

We could just say it was an interim logo. You know, just to cover our gatherings, form a visual identity, and generatemore interestuntil weorganize as a non-profit corporation.

This could be a test to see if we can really come to a meeting of the minds on one single task. I'm no artist, but we have others with various talents; some with graphic skills, some with business savvy, some with a great handle on the law, some with great ideas!

We shouldstart to exercise some of these other talents to begin to fill in the framework of organized open carry in California. :celebrate

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:

THIS^^^^

I voted no as well.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

THIS^^^^

I voted no as well.
Let's hear your reasons.