• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Open Carry Logo

Should we develop a California Open Carry logo?

• Total voters

AyatollahGondola

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:
I voted no; not that I think a logo is a bad idea, but because we would be putting the cart before the horse.

What we really need is to form a state-wide organization. This is something I've really wanted to get going for a couple years now (back when there was like 10 of us total on this state's sub-forum). I think now we might be getting enough people where it's a good time to do it.

Once we have a board of directors, a stated purpose/mission, etc... then we should start worrying about the details.

THIS^^^^

I voted no as well.
In this age of computers and internet, starting an maintaining a corporation is getting easier and more manageable. There are some costs of course, and that can present barriers or obstacles, but I believe they can be overcome for initial organizing. Keeping people interested and active once the corp is formed is a problem thatI've seen surface. So a key ingredient is to act in a responsible manner in operating the corp, and be very inclusive ofyour support group. And don't expect immediate profits from a newly formed org. It's like growing a child or business.

KS_to_CA

imported post

tall_tree wrote:
It would also be nice to have some kind of decal that businesses could put on their doors to signify that OC is OK. Perhaps, just a square with:

OC
OK

They would be signifying that they allow/support OC without the "stigma" of having something that has a picture of a firearm on it.

Thoughts?
I guess a simple square sticker with this message "2A OK" should be okay. No guns, no nothing. Will raise interests for those who dont know it, and won't be "hostile" to those who are antis. They probably wont notice it even. They will just be surprised to see a fellow near them with a holstered firearm.

Mods, I can't log in for some reason. So I re-registered from KS_to_CA to CA_fr_KS. Not a lot of imagination there but I figure it would be easy to trace what happenedif you got time to check it.

wewd

imported post

I would like to see some of those European style oval stickers (that say UK, FR, IT, DE, etc for each country) but with OC and 2A in them. I'd put one on each corner of my back window. I drive a Volvo so it would look appropriate anyway.

coolusername2007

imported post

wewd wrote:
I would like to see some of those European style oval stickers (that say UK, FR, IT, DE, etc for each country) but with OC and 2A in them. I'd put one on each corner of my back window. I drive a Volvo so it would look appropriate anyway.
A well designed logo would easily work in any format...tshirts, stickers, brochures, business cards, banners, public busses, bus stops, billboards, bus stops, tats, hair shavings...lingerie...:lol:

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
I have a little experience in logo development. A couple of thoughts to keep in mind...

1. The logo needs to be eye-catching and at the same time universally understood. Logos that need explaining are only good for some unique types of business, not the general public.

2.A well designed logo will "work" in full color, single color, and black and white. Sometimes minor modifications are appropriate to do so, but the logo itself doesn't change. So a good logo is actually a collection of versions off of the full color logo.

3. Any text integral to the logo must be legible at any font size for the intended purpose. For example, on a booth signthe logo should be legible anywhere from 20-50 ft away perhaps more, while a printed document or brochure (letterhead and the like) should be legible from 3-10 ft away. A logo you can't read is a worthless logo. Because of this a lot of logos forego text all together.

I suggest a friendly logo competition. Everyone with a creative hand submit your logo for judging. May the best logo win. How about designs being due in 1-2 weeks.

OK. It seems that there is some interest. I hear what some have said about getting the cart before the horse, but I'm not seeing this exercise as something that will clog up the gears of formally organizing when that day comes.

For now, let's see what type of logos we can come up with, like Streetbiker's. Keep in mind the points Coolusername has outlined.

We'll close the submittals in 2 weeks. No prizes for the winner, other than a hearty "congratulations!"

I will submit the following one.

COCDraft1.jpg

Old Timer

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
. . . we would be putting the cart before the horse.
I agree. And I would also mention it is not just a case of putting the cart before the horse. In fact, we don't have a cart, yet. Heck, we don't even have a horse! First things first. :)

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I would avoid an octagon rim. This is used for stop signs, and you don't
want to be associating with stop carry.
Go for the school zone shape if any.:what:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
I have a little experience in logo development.  A couple of thoughts to keep in mind...

1.  The logo needs to be eye-catching and at the same time universally understood.  Logos that need explaining are only good for some unique types of business, not the general public.

2. A well designed logo will "work" in full color, single color, and black and white.  Sometimes minor modifications are appropriate to do so, but the logo itself doesn't change.  So a good logo is actually a collection of versions off of the full color logo.

3.  Any text integral to the logo must be legible at any font size for the intended purpose.  For example, on a booth sign the logo should be legible anywhere from 20-50 ft away perhaps more, while a printed document or brochure (letterhead and the like) should be legible from 3-10 ft away.  A logo you can't read is a worthless logo.  Because of this a lot of logos forego text all together.

I suggest a friendly logo competition.  Everyone with a creative hand submit your logo for judging.  May the best logo win.  How about designs being due in 1-2 weeks.

OK. It seems that there is some interest. I hear what some have said about getting the cart before the horse, but I'm not seeing this exercise as something that will clog up the gears of formally organizing when that day comes.

For now, let's see what type of logos we can come up with, like Streetbiker's. Keep in mind the points Coolusername has outlined.

We'll close the submittals in 2 weeks. No prizes for the winner, other than a hearty "congratulations!"

I will submit the following one.

COCDraft1.jpg
Vectors.

bigtoe416

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
I would avoid an octagon rim. This is used for stop signs, and you don't
want to be associating with stop carry.
Go for the school zone shape if any.:what:
That's so a decahedron, but to be fair, I thought it was an octagon at first and had the same thought about stop signs.

The school zone sign would be hilarious.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think this is a great logo!!! Haha!!

sgal_thumb.php

As for forming...

It is actually easy! What we need:
  1. Articles of Incorporation - $30 (+$15 in-person filing)
  2. Franchise Tax Board Exemption Request FTB Form 3500 - $25
  3. Certificate of "Agent for Service" if there is no individual that can do it. $30
Now, I know that is a lot of money, but maybe we can scrape together the funds and legal minds to get this done?

I believe to get tax exempt status you do also need a budget? I have never formed a non-profit. . . so I am not completely sure.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

OK. I was trying for a unique shape to be the outline of the logo. I stayed away from the octagon due to the association with a "stop" sign. But I guess the ten-sided polygon was not far enough away. I agree that it subconsciously makes me think "stop." I am no graphic artist. Hopefully this is better.

COCDraft2.jpg

inbox485

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
Typical.
If they don't want to see it, they won't.

Can't remember where I heard it, but somebody once said:

Conservatives believe it when they see it,
Liberals see it when they believe it.

I for one can't stand the liberal vs conservative boxes, but as far as the right to keep and bear arms, it is very true.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
It can not be too detailed. Look at any recognizable logo and you will notice every single one looks like it took 20 seconds to draw up. No matter what anyone says, simplicity is key.

Here is a little idea I just cut up. You may be able to add a smile or a face with a toothpick in his mouth or something in the picture. Or add a better looking cowboy hat. Or no cowboy hat at all. Just an idea..

Edit: Or maybe add asmaller California with a womans hat and then 2 very small californias with two baseball caps showinghes protecting his family

coc.jpg
That's pretty clever.