Thread: CALLING ALL M-1911 FREAKS!!

Post imported post

SO, I was sitting here waiting for 0930 tomorrow because the *&^%^&*!$ Brady Check in VA is as slow as a retarded possum, and entertaining myself by noodling around on "You Tube" when I came across a few vidss of the old "Sky King" show I used to love so much as a kid. Turns out Kirby Grant (the star) was born in 1911. Boy I didn't think he was THAT old.

Also, Lucille Ball. And as a bonus ( and oddly relevant ) Blanche Barrow, Clyde's sister in law, was also born in that year. You remember how Blanche was portrayed in the movie : Always running around screaming like an anti who had just seen....A 1911 !:celebrate

Just thought you all might enjoy the coinccidence....

AC

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    SNIP coinccidence....
    What's numismatics got to do with it. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Roy Rogers was also born in 1911.

Post imported post

IIRC John Moses Browningpatented the 1911 in 1898. I think Colt bought the patent and started manufacturing them in 1911. Hence Model 1911.Not sure.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    IIRC John Moses Browningpatented the 1911 in 1898. I think Colt bought the patent and started manufacturing them in 1911. Hence Model 1911.Not sure.
    Actually, the M1911 designation refers to the year of the US Military's adoption of the design. It is arguable that it would still be as popular and even in active production if the military hadn't done so, thus I think it is quite fitting to schedule a big centennial party for Tuesday March 29, 2011!