• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to Walmart - UOC

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

Ok so the wife and I are headed to Walmart. Hopefully they are friendly. We will see. I will let everyone know how it goed.

chewy352

imported post

Awwww you should have said something sooner. I just got home from walmart. I didn't UOC though. My fiancee is supportive of the meetups but im not so sure about everyday carry yet.:?

Michael

demnogis

imported post

Until we get a full, true 2A incorporation ruling from the 9th or SCOTUS, I'd still recommend against solo UOC, but keep doing it for group events.

Who knows... The way the freeways are getting, I may go against my own advice for when I'm riding into work...

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

Ok, So here is how it went. Wife and I walking in. Fire arm on my right hip, wife on my left, we are holding hands, and she has the new puppy cradled in her left are. (its a baby chihuahua). We enter Walmart the greeters hone in on the puppy and my fire arm and eyes are the size of marbles, and this is what we hear:
"sir,...Sir!, (I thought alright I get a chance to educate some one, but the rest went like this) " you can't bring the dog in here" we were both shocked and dismayed....... Did we just hear her right? We stood there witha confused look and it was unbelievable. So we returned to the car and left the puppy (windows cracked of course) and went back in. The lady smiled a waived us through. We encounter many stares throughout the store, mostly from juveniles, but for the most part nobody really cared, and thats the way I like it. So at Walmart: "Bring you guns, and leave the dogs at home!" Carry On!

KBCraig

imported post

Chrisc411 wrote:
Lmao awesome you should try to get your pup an assistance animal tag http://www.sddac.com, all 3 of mine have them so the stores have no choice but to let them come in. :)
Your link includes a comma, which breaks it.

Here you go: http://www.sddac.com/

If an animal is a service animal, anyone asking what the disability is should be met with a level stare and a question: "So, has your doctor cleared you to have sex despite the herpes?"

NOYFB, in other words.