• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Potluck/Picnic Green Lake Park

steble01

imported post

So a member of another forum is organizing an OC potluck/picnic at Green Lake Park on Oct 3rd at noon and asked me to post this here.....This is to be considered a family get together so bring the whole family. This is more or less in direct response to the recent announcement of Nickels latest anti gun in the parks agenda, so OC is most definitely requested, but not a requirement AFAIK...........any takers???? So far she said she has only had about a half dozen people show interest, but it would be nice to have more people from the Seattle are to show up.....

This will be a peaceful gathering of like minded individuals and not a protest or anything......just trying to have a good time;)

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

there are other than peaceful gatherings on here? I must be missing them

steble01

imported post

lol.....no, more of a disclaimer than anything (for the outsiders that may be browsing the forums with less than desirable intents). i didnt want people to get the wrong impression. i have never been to an OC gathering before

steble01

imported post

it is a set date......i am not the organizer, or i would consider it

steble01

imported post

more info....... once again, i am not the organizer here, so if you have specific questions, try the email in one of my above posts in this thread, or i can do the best i can to answer them or forward them along.....thanks

no takers yet????

Hello there. The picnic is going to be held at Green Lake Park, in North Seattle area. The park is at the 65th st. Ravenna exit, west side of I-5. The picnic will be Saturday, October 3rd, beginning at 12 o’clock noon. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me, and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. Bring the kids, spouse, etc. Also, we do live in Seattle, so this is a “weather permitting” type of picnic. If it is not raining that day, the picnic will be happening. If you wake, and it is raining, please, do not bother showing up, as most people I am sure aren’t into wet picnics. One other item: I am going to be bringing some meat, and hot dogs. Other items would be appreciated, such as chips, cookies, water, etc. Please, if you can, bring your own folding chair, the seating is limited at the park. What part of the park you ask?……North side of Green Lake. Near the kids play area. Hope to see you there

steble01

imported post

I have looked at multiple weather services for Saturday, and it appears that the picnic is going to be rained out. I am officially canceling the picnic for Saturday, October 3rd, at 12 PM. I will keep you up to date about meeting at Green Lake Park for a picnic. Sorry for the inconvenience. When I decide on a better Saturday, a clearer Saturday, I will send out an email one week prior to the event. Thank you for your interest, and participation.
looks like its canceled for now......i will post here when i get a good rescheduled date from the organizer.

Squeak

imported post

AW man! I was all ready to catch the ferry! Got a babysitter and all! That's O.K. Next time.:(