Thread: Safety inspection

Post imported post

As many of us know, after January 7th, 2009, noone is required to have a hand gun safety inspection upon purchase.

I notice that the MIOPENCARRY information still refers to a saftety inspected gun: "1) Any law abiding citizen of the State of Michigan who owns a safety inspected handgun may
    openly carry (in a holster) said firearm in all places not explicitly exempt by law with or
    without a CPL. Private property rules over-ride state law in regards to firearm possession."

Does this still remain true? Or can it now be a hand gun that is not safety inspected? Cite documentation?

Thanks

Post imported post

It is any pistol that is registered to YOU unless you have a CPL that allows you to borrow a gun.

The only thing that changed is they no longer get to see the gun ... it was always registration ...but was called safety inspection to fool the sheep!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I see. When I did a previous registration I got two documents. One was a safety inspection card and the other was registration. So it had to have been two different things in some aspect.

Post imported post

well as far back as I can remember there was only one card a green one... and the whole point of the (safety inspection) was to run your gun through LEIN and enter the info in the registration system!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Yup, I only ever got the green "safety inspection" card. I have no idea what the other document might have been.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
    I see. When I did a previous registration I got two documents. One was a safety inspection card and the other was registration. So it had to have been two different things in some aspect.
    I would be really interested in seeing the documents you were issued. If not that then can you give us the form numbers from them so we can check them out?

Post imported post

Leader wrote:
    ethernetweb wrote:
    I would be really interested in seeing the documents you were issued. If not that then can you give us the form numbers from them so we can check them out?
    If they were readily available, I'd be happy to get them and provide information, however most of my posessions are in boxes in storage right now.

If I have to go through the boxes some time in the near future and come across them, I'll provide what I have.