• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safety inspection

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

As many of us know, after January 7th, 2009, noone is required to have a hand gun safety inspection upon purchase.

I notice that the MIOPENCARRY information still refers to a saftety inspected gun: "1) Any law abiding citizen of the State of Michigan who owns a safety inspected handgun may
openly carry (in a holster) said firearm in all places not explicitly exempt by law with or
without a CPL. Private property rules over-ride state law in regards to firearm possession."

Does this still remain true? Or can it now be a hand gun that is not safety inspected? Cite documentation?

Thanks

autosurgeon

imported post

It is any pistol that is registered to YOU unless you have a CPL that allows you to borrow a gun.

The only thing that changed is they no longer get to see the gun ... it was always registration ...but was called safety inspection to fool the sheep!

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

I see. When I did a previous registration I got two documents. One was a safety inspection card and the other was registration. So it had to have been two different things in some aspect.

autosurgeon

imported post

well as far back as I can remember there was only one card a green one... and the whole point of the (safety inspection) was to run your gun through LEIN and enter the info in the registration system!

Leader

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
I see. When I did a previous registration I got two documents. One was a safety inspection card and the other was registration. So it had to have been two different things in some aspect.
I would be really interested in seeing the documents you were issued. If not that then can you give us the form numbers from them so we can check them out?

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

Leader wrote:
ethernetweb wrote:
I would be really interested in seeing the documents you were issued. If not that then can you give us the form numbers from them so we can check them out?

If they were readily available, I'd be happy to get them and provide information, however most of my posessions are in boxes in storage right now.

If I have to go through the boxes some time in the near future and come across them, I'll provide what I have.