• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry day off of the farm

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I had lot of work that I had been putting off and since I decided not to go to Blacksburg, I left the burbs aboyt 2:00 am. Got to the farm and around daylight, had to run a Dominion Power crew off that wanted to go clear a right-of-way. Yeah, right, a week before bow season.

After that I went to Victoria OC'ing to drum up people for the Oct. Protest.
A usual, no issues.

I wanted to stop at the range on the way back to the farm.

I belong to one of the nicest gun clubs I've ever seen. It has a fantastic rifle and pistol range, archery range, club house with banquet facilities, 100 unit campground facilities with water, sewer and electric (They host the NRA Nationals) and an unbelievable skeet range with over 20 towers.

It's 3 miles from the farm and during the week, no one uses it. There is a live in grounds keeper who is a character from Maine and he gets along really well with all the members. The members range from dirt poor folks like me, to some very wealthy people like the one you are about to meet.

After I got through blowing big holes in paper, I drove by the skeet range where the caretaker and one of the rich people were having a contest. The member must be in his late seventies and is so crippled up, he can hardly stand,,,much less walk. He sure can shoot though.

Whatever shotgun he uses, it is stunning, just beautiful. Anyway, they can electronically throw the birds from any station with a remote that can trigger any tower, so they were just going from station to station and having a ball.

Since the member can hardly walk, he use the shotgun like a walking stick and short steps. The Caretaker yelled out in his New England accent, "You eveh see someone with a seven thousand dolla cane befurh".

I got out to watch. Man can that guy shoot. He never misses.

2-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

shot3.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
"You eveh see someone with a seven thousand dolla cane befurh".

No pics of the gun Don?
No, I didn't think of it.
Those damn Dominion people had tried to get through my gate again and I had run them off..even had the Assistant right-of-way manager come by and try to be a diplomat.

Diplomat my ass...I got to release a lot of aggression that's built up this week.:lol:

Anyway, I was in a hurry to get back because I was afraid they'd try to sneak back while I was gone.

I do feel better today though.
The crew foreman said:
"I'd appricate if you wouldn't use profanity."

Me
"I don't give a %^$# what you'd appreciate,. I didn't come down here to make friends, I came here to fight"

It made up for all the BS I've tried to ignore lately:lol:

The only things lower than child molesters are:
Tree Trimmers
and Diplomatic Deal Makers
...And some Dog Hunters

Maybe a few more. :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Guess they didn't try to cut the lock, huh? I was looking forward to seeing the Game-Cam pics of THAT!

Maybe they noticed the cam...
Moved the barrier with a bucket truck.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
They MOVED your barricades? On YOUR property?

Sounds like they owe you some $ for materials and labor to replace it...
They replaced it. I need to start a new thread. Why carry an ax handle in the country.:lol:

That's called Nap Diplomacy.

gate.jpg

gate2.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
They MOVED your barricades? On YOUR property?

Sounds like they owe you some $ for materials and labor to replace it...
They replaced it. I need to start a new thread. Why carry an ax handle in the country.:lol:

That's called Nap Diplomacy.

gate.jpg

gate2.jpg

Big gotcha by the crotcha! :lol:

Yata hey