• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO BIG EVENT West side Puget Sound!!

1245A Defender

imported post

got another new idea.

anybody allready reading about this proposal on the 11th probably has that kind of time off every weekend, so any of you want to get together this sunday the 4th?

we can still try to get a bigger thing going on the 11th , but i get tired of waiting.

maybe we should think about a standing get together in the area?

so whos up for a get together this sun for dinner time at dennys?

fire suppressor

imported post

I have Monday and Tuesday off right now. Other wise as long as I can be at work by 1830 I'm down. Location dosnt matter, I dont mind a drive to support our cause

Squeak

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
got another new idea.

anybody allready reading about this proposal on the 11th probably has that kind of time off every weekend, so any of you want to get together this sunday the 4th?

we can still try to get a bigger thing going on the 11th , but i get tired of waiting.

maybe we should think about a standing get together in the area?

so whos up for a get together this sun for dinner time at dennys?
You mean supper? Never been to 'dinner'. That's city folk talk! Gimme a day, time, and place and I'll be there.:celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

Someone just set a place and time.!

When you plan an event just plan it.There is no needfor these endless debates ondates and times.When Manu and I planned the willow lake things we just decided on a place and time and who's doing what. Had planning meetings along the way to co-ordinate different aspects..Quit trying to get a pole .

I have seen more of these planned and then the one planning doesn't delagate who is to bring what.Or if everything is provided.I have been to a couple of these now that didn't have food there no condiments tables chairs etc. nor did the plannerassign people to bring different items.So you get there and there is not much of anything.

As those of you have seen the willow lake events were different, everything was pretty much provided.Also in planning these why are you not getting sponsorship from local businesses like we did with the Safeway and Starbucks,several others that provided all the drinks .coffees pastries ,most everything. Hell I even get one small store to GIVE us all the ballons at the first one.Thats getting the commuty invoved and making folks aware of who we are .Give away prizes all that.Kitsap and the 2 Willow lake events were well done .Both had media coverage and community. Sorry I just get annoyed with folks saying lets have an event and then don't plan it or ask help in planning.I used to a long time ago do marketing for the National Football league and know how an event is supposed to be planned........So if you get on here and want to have an event then damn, plan it properly or dont'do at all.Meets for lunch and dinners and such are different .Forgive me just frustrated .

Onece again for those who havn't seen the KING five video of the March Willow Lake event here it is once more...[url]http://www.king5.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=346642[/url].

1245A Defender

imported post

thanx for the rant jim! maybe calling it a big event was missleading, but im just trying to get as many folks as possible to go anywhere together and socalize.

sounds like sunday eveningis a problem for some, so how about 4pm like last time?

im sayin dennys, kitsap way & hwy3 4pm sunday the 4th! how many are a go for that?

DEROS72

imported post

Sorry guy ! just frustrated .If its a dinner meeting then cool .If I can get a lift I would love to come...

deanf

imported post

thoughts?

Yeah. The date for these things can't be planned by committee. Someone has to take charge and pick a date and place and time, announce it, and stick to it. You started the thread, make the decision. Those that can make it, will.

1245A Defender

imported post

We had our meet today. got 5 of us together from 4pm till 6 had a nice visit!

so it was me, fire suppressor, squeak, jeeper1, and stryker, allways nice to meet new guys with guns.

to all of you that said you would come, but didnt. youre missing out!

next sunday is the 11th, squeak says we should go to the family pancake house, ill be there, will you?

jeeper1

imported post

I always have a camera or two with me. I didn't take any pictures though.

Stryker

imported post

I just made it up to Bellingham, but wanted to say that it was great to meet some more of the forum members. The ferry trip was uneventful save for a very positive Q&A session with some enthusiastic UW kids.