• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another "e" Check Video (Santa Clara County)

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Open Carrying in California comes with its challenges, PC 12031(e) for instance. This officer doesn’t have to check to ensure the handgun I’m carrying is unloaded but he can legaly. This penal code will soon be challanged. On the whole this encounter was better than others. Notice the deputy doesn’t ask for ID (He’s met me before and I didn’t show ID then either). He doesn’t take my gun and run the serial number against the D.O.J. database or check to see if it’s stolen. He had no reason to suspect anything illegal was going on. Very respectful deputy, now if Sunnyvale PD could be as professional on a consistent basis.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQDJdurpUsA&feature=player_profilepage

Download original: http://opencarryradio.com/videos/IMG_0154_trimmed.mov

bigtoe416

imported post

I'm guessing that's your nano that's video recording? Do you just leave it running all the time? The quality is great.

bad_ace

imported post

I only pull out the nano for video recording if I see an encounter coming. This particular stop I saw about 200 feet away, giving me plenty of time to start rolling.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
I only pull out the nano for video recording if I see an encounter coming. This particular stop I saw about 200 feet away, giving me plenty of time to start rolling.

What's a nano? Is there a link that shows what it is, where you can purchase one, and what it costs?

I agree that the quality is great!