• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

field strip highpoint c-9

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

PavePusher wrote:
To everyone who has ever thought a particular gun to be ugly...

That model will be ugly right up 'til the day it saves your life.
Not much chance of that. Very lowwwwwwwwwwwwww probability of that.

I'm sure it can happen. Once in a great while.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

PavePusher wrote:

That model will be ugly right up 'til the day it saves your life. After that, all others are boat anchors and artificial reef material...

And I hope that's the last word we ever see here again about 'ugly' guns.
You're ugly.

Ezrider

imported post

lets not turn this into an highpoint bash thread. we all know a lot of people do not like highpoint and that is fine. personally i don't like glocks i think there just as ugly as an highpoint but way overpriced and i do not like the feel of them, but i don't bash them every chance i get. this thread was intended to help other highpoint owners. If you feel the need to bash me on the way i handed my firearm in the video that is ok and deserved, i plan on re-making the clip handing the highpoint in a more profesional manner. I have added captions to alert people not to follow my mistakes in the clip in the mean time.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Ezrider wrote:
catass wrote:
Ezrider wrote:
catass they weapon was safety checked before I even started the video and when I started it. It never left my hands or my sight. There was about as much chance of shooting myself as an alien from planet zonk stopping by and asking me to make him a cheese burger while I was doing this. In all seriousness though check, check and re check before dissembling this firearm because it will require a lot of handling to break down. If you walk away from it during this process check it again before you start back up.
I did see you make a conformation of an empty magwell and chamber in the video. Kudos to you. However, breaking two, of the four, cardinal firearms safety rules is asking for an accident further down the road.

As I mentioned, you swept yourself with the muzzle numerous times. You've just admitted that you're treating the gun differently when it's unloaded as opposed to having a round in the chamber. That breaks the "never let the muzzle cross anything you're not willing to destroy," rule, as well as the "treat all guns as if they're always loaded," rule. The more I analyze it, you're also breaking the "be sure of your target and what's beyond it," rule, with you lack of muzzle discipline.

This isn't a bash on you personally, just something to make you think about, with hopes you may handle the gun safer in the future. When I'm cleaning my firearms, even though I've checked multiple times for an empty chamber, the four cardinal rules still apply.
You are correct, I did break the rules. I am not going to say that is right. however I never assume an gun is empty and follow these rules when picking up a gun or handling it in a normal manner. In the case in this video the highpoint is an more difficult weapon to break down and requires some extra man handling. Most of my other guns just require that you push in the spring retainer and pull back and up on the slide and they come apart. much easier to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction, without ever sweeping the gun across yourself. The video was to show the steps involved to break down the highpoint because it intimidates most people to do so. If you would like when I get a few extra minuets I can re-make the video following the rules so as to not pass any bad habits onto someone else

edit: i have edited some notations into the video also while doing so i noticed that most of the times that i swept the muzzle across myself it was because i was trying to show the camera what it was that i was doing
Outstanding job, dude.

You don't have to remake the video for me. How about remake the video for new gun owners to help show them how to be safe while they're field stripping their Hi-Point?

Other than what I've commented on, earlier, there's some good information in the video. Even I didn't know how to field strip a hi-point. Now, after watching your video, I'm confident I could if I had a Hi-Point.

Alexcabbie

imported post

HankT wrote:
PavePusher wrote:

That model will be ugly right up 'til the day it saves your life.
Not much chance of that. Very lowwwwwwwwwwwwww probability of that.

I'm sure it can happen. Once in a great while.

I keep a fire extinguisher in the cab. Very low probability of need for it, but if I evr need it I am going to need it RIGHT NOW.

The reason Hi-Points are so clunky is that they are blowback operated firearms made in large calibers, thus they need a rather weighty slide to contain the increased energy. They are about as aesthetically appealing as a bulldog's butt. true. But if you love the 2A and your RTKBA then you better love the Hi-Point. Not everyone can afford a Kimber. Even my beloved P.38 is out of reach for a good chunk of the populace. But the Hi-Point is something even the most impoverished citizen can afford. If Anacostia in DC was full of honest decent folks with Hi-Points on their hips, crime would take a nose dive. (If you want to know how restrictive the gun laws are in an area, drive around at 4 AM and take note of the number of shops with roll-down steel doors and apartment buildings with steel mesh on the ground floor windows. The more of those you see, the more restrictive the gun laws) The Hi-Point is the antis' worst nightmare. Sez me, the government ought to issue a Hi-Point free to every citizen when he or she first registers to vote. It would be the first thing the Govenment has done right in a long time, which is doubtless why it ain't gonna happen.

rmansu2

imported post

PavePusher, I think you missed the entire point of my reply.

I said "If I need a hammer to dismantle a firearm, I don't want that firearm."

The point of my post was not focused on the look of the firearm. I was more worried that I need tools that are found in the shop of a carpenter not in that of a machinist.

Who uses a hammer to dismantle a firearm? Seems a little exessive to me. My P-95, some may think an ugly gun doesn't require anything more than a brain and a pair of hands. No tools, specialized or not.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
... Sez me, the government ought to issue a Hi-Point free to every citizen when he or she first registers to vote. It would be the first thing the Govenment has done right in a long time, which is doubtless why it ain't gonna happen.
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

Gawd, gun guys are soooooo funny sometimes....

Alexcabbie

imported post

I am quite serious. Join the militia, get a firearm. It would register a lot of new voters, and anti-gun jerks would not have a chance at the polls. And give Democrats pre-1957 S&W revolvers, a box of +P+ ammo and a special day at the range. Result a fully armed militia and Democrats with serious injuries. What's not to like?

Just kidding. Give the dems Kusan pingpong ball guns (remember those?) and a Kewpie doll. Give the rest Hi Points.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I am quite serious. Join the militia, get a firearm. It would register a lot of new voters, and anti-gun jerks would not have a chance at the polls. And give Democrats pre-1957 S&W revolvers, a box of +P+ ammo and a special day at the range. Result a fully armed militia and Democrats with serious injuries. What's not to like?

I'd register as a Democrat, get the pre-27or pre-29and the ammo and switch it with something safer. MaybeI could snaga registered magnum....

I can live with your idea, AC... :cool: