Thread: western ky

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,

Post imported post

Is there anything breakfast group, or a group that get together in western ky? My brother lives near Madisionville, and is very interested in open carry. He doesnt have a computer, so I figured I'd ask, and try to see whats available over there for him.

Post imported post

Western Kentucky is pretty much a bunch of shooters that are unsafe. Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster, shooting from stationary vehicles, even drills involving children. It's a shame I tell ya

On a more serious note, the only gun folks I hang out with in Western KY are of the concealed persuasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

Well, if anyone wants to get a meeting going over there, I can attend, bring my brother, maybe get something started where it can be an on going breakfast/lunch thing.

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    Western Kentucky is pretty much a bunch of shooters that are unsafe. Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster, shooting from stationary vehicles, even drills involving children. It's a shame I tell ya
    I thought at was in Louisville.... Teach the kids to chase down motorcycles and shoot at them....

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster
    Evidently you have never been to a IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Assocation)or USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association or aka IPSC).

I am also from Madisonville and have yet to find anyone OCing when I visit...

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    catass wrote:
    Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster
    Evidently you have never been to a IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Assocation)or USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association or aka IPSC).
    Given his next sentence (which you didn't quote), I suspect he's been to every possible kind of practical shooting event:
    On a more serious note...
    I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.
    Now that I go back and read it again... I apologize.
    With that said I hope to be home in Oct, maybe we can get a meet together?

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    This is all true , I have seen it myself first hand. Somebody call Sarah , QUICK !!!!

Post imported post

I'm only about 1 1/2 hours from the Paducah area so if you guys plan something up towards there I'd sure try to make it over.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

My trip home has been canceled for now. However when I do get home I will see about putting a meet together.

Post imported post

i live in webster county, about 25 min north of madisonville and so min south of henderson. It would be awesome if we could get something set up (some kind of meet) for those of us on this side of the mountains.

Post imported post

I was just in Madisionville last weekend, and I open carried they whole time. Got my permit to conceal the other day, but honestly, I just forget the weapons there. Went to walmart, couple of Mexican restaurants. I had no issues.... On the way home, I stopped at several places between here and there, no troubles, even ate at long john silvers off the western ky in E town. No trouble. I just slide my weapon on my belt, and forget about it.... Hard to believe how nervous I was to begin with.

I live in Lawrenceburg, but normally go to Madisionville / Mortons Gap once or twice a month. Would love to have lunch, or breakfast with you guys from around there.

Post imported post

I live in Sacramento Kentucky, McLean County.... about 15 minutes east of Madisonville....

If you start any kind of meeting/breakfast/lunch thing, count me in......Please.

I have the CC license, but have just started OC since I found this site a month ago.... I had no idea.