• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

western ky

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
imported post

Is there anything breakfast group, or a group that get together in western ky? My brother lives near Madisionville, and is very interested in open carry. He doesnt have a computer, so I figured I'd ask, and try to see whats available over there for him.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Western Kentucky is pretty much a bunch of shooters that are unsafe. Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster, shooting from stationary vehicles, even drills involving children. It's a shame I tell ya :uhoh:

On a more serious note, the only gun folks I hang out with in Western KY are of the concealed persuasion.

klloyd

imported post

catass wrote:
Western Kentucky is pretty much a bunch of shooters that are unsafe. Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster, shooting from stationary vehicles, even drills involving children. It's a shame I tell ya :uhoh:

I thought at was in Louisville.... Teach the kids to chase down motorcycles and shoot at them.... ;)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

catass wrote:

Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster
Evidently you have never been to a IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Assocation)or USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association or aka IPSC).

I am also from Madisonville and have yet to find anyone OCing when I visit...

KBCraig

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
catass wrote:

Examples include moving while shooting, drawing from the holster
Evidently you have never been to a IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Assocation)or USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association or aka IPSC).
Given his next sentence (which you didn't quote), I suspect he's been to every possible kind of practical shooting event:
On a more serious note...

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm. ;)

Hellbilly

imported post

catass wrote:
This is all true , I have seen it myself first hand. Somebody call Sarah , QUICK !!!!

dcrockets

imported post

i live in webster county, about 25 min north of madisonville and so min south of henderson. It would be awesome if we could get something set up (some kind of meet) for those of us on this side of the mountains.

klloyd

imported post

I was just in Madisionville last weekend, and I open carried they whole time. Got my permit to conceal the other day, but honestly, I just forget the weapons there. Went to walmart, couple of Mexican restaurants. I had no issues.... On the way home, I stopped at several places between here and there, no troubles, even ate at long john silvers off the western ky in E town. No trouble. I just slide my weapon on my belt, and forget about it.... Hard to believe how nervous I was to begin with.

I live in Lawrenceburg, but normally go to Madisionville / Mortons Gap once or twice a month. Would love to have lunch, or breakfast with you guys from around there.

KyDaystar

imported post

I live in Sacramento Kentucky, McLean County.... about 15 minutes east of Madisonville....

If you start any kind of meeting/breakfast/lunch thing, count me in......Please.

I have the CC license, but have just started OC since I found this site a month ago.... I had no idea.