• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experiences of Chattanooga & Nashville OC-ers

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

kingfish wrote:
Theatre managers stopped O'Brien.

"He said that my permit to carry was a concealed permit," O'Brien told us. "I said 'No it's not, it's a hand gun carry permit. In the state of Tennessee you can carry it open or concealed."

O'Brien is correct. In Tennessee his permit does allow him to carry his firearm at his side. There is no requirement to conceal it. After some discussion with the manager O'Brien says he refused to conceal his weapon. Then an off-duty sheriff's deputy, who we only know by the first name Adam, got into the discussion.

"He said you have been asked to leave once, if you don't leave now I'm going to arrest you for criminal trespass," according to O'Brien. "I said I need your badge number and name."

Seems to me the manager had already asked him to leave once and the off duty LEO was reiterating the position.

Anyway Neo , the point is that if you are polite and non confrontational and keep the handgun holstered you should not have any issues. Most people don't.

Where does it state that O'brien was confrontational? The cop was confrontational, O'brien just wanted to watch a movie.

Where does it state that O'brien was not polite? It appears he simply told the manager that the law in Tennessee does not require concealed carry.

It is not stated that the manager told O'brien to leave. O'brien states in the interview the manager was not the one who asked him to leave.

Kingfish

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Where does it state that O'brien was confrontational? The cop was confrontational, O'brien just wanted to watch a movie.

Where does it state that O'brien was not polite? It appears he simply told the manager that the law in Tennessee does not require concealed carry.

It is not stated that the manager told O'brien to leave. O'brien states in the interview the manager was not the one who asked him to leave.
<YAWN> <Stretch>

Have a good day quick. Time for me to get some coffee.

Oh, the "B" in his name should be capitalized...."O'Brian"

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

kingfish wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

<YAWN> <Stretch>

Have a good day quick. Time for me to get some coffee.

Oh, the "B" in his name should be capitalized...."O'Brian"
Oh, you mispelled his name, the "a" should be an "e".

Rossi_Girl88

imported post

I have concealed carried several times, but OC for the first time today. My husband and I went to a Target. As soon as we walked in the door, there was a security guard and a guy dressed in civilian clothes, they were both eyeballing us. I think the guy in civi clothes was one of those "undercover" security guards, because he followed us to the baby department. Anyhow, nothing happened, i was pretty nervous, but tried to act like i belonged. It was a much different experience then I thought it would be.

Kingfish

imported post

Rossi_Girl88 wrote:
I have concealed carried several times, but OC for the first time today. My husband and I went to a Target. As soon as we walked in the door, there was a security guard and a guy dressed in civilian clothes, they were both eyeballing us. I think the guy in civi clothes was one of those "undercover" security guards, because he followed us to the baby department. Anyhow, nothing happened, i was pretty nervous, but tried to act like i belonged. It was a much different experience then I thought it would be.
Welcome and congratulations on your first outing. Sounds like the security guys are just not accustomed to seeing Law Abiding Citizens OCing. Good for you for changing that.