• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bremerton Courthouse No Issues

malichite

imported post

I had to go to court today in bremerton. I walked in and the security guard told me to go threw the metal detector. I informed him that I was armed (I was cc at the time) He asked me for my CPL and Liscense. Once I showed them to him he directed me to a locker, told me to remove my pistol slowly and place it in the locker and away I went. Afterwords he opened it back up, had me place it back in my holster and menetioned that he himself never leaves home without his and said have a great day. Rather plesent experience. Funny part is that the locker is right in front of a window to courtroom #1. There were a few people there who looked at me sideways as I had my back to the window as I was placing it back in the holster. Other then that another great day carrying and a great day to be alive.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Did he give you a key for the locker or did he keep the key. Because if I'm not mistaken, you are supposed to be the only one to be able to retrieve your own gun with the key you were issued. This is according to RCW 9.41.300

malichite

imported post

I read the same also and no he did not give me the key. I asked about it and he said he would maintain the key. It does however say in RCW 9.41.300 that

In addition, the local legislative authority shall provide either a stationary locked box sufficient in size for pistols and key to a weapon owner for weapon storage, or shall designate an offical to receive weapons for safekeeping, during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building. The locked box or designated official shall be located within the same building used in connection with court proceedings. The local legislative authority shall be liable for any negligence causing damage to or loss of a weapon either placed in a locked box or left with an official during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building.

They stick that freaken OR in there so I didn't want to push it.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I interpret that as meaning, if they don't provide a locker for you, then they have to have someone personally hold it for you. I guess there is no need to nitpic this too badly, because really, so what? If they don't provide you a locker, they are in control of your weapon anyway. What diference dose it make if they have control of the key to the lock box then... It just seems like more "control" over a part of our lives that they want to have.