• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OC SURVIVAL THREAD, for you tin foil hat types

thx997303

imported post

What? Seriously? No major country currently in existence is mentioned in the Bible.

What country is around at the end is entirely up to individual interpretation.

45acpForMe

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
What? Seriously? No major country currently in existence is mentioned in the Bible.

What country is around at the end is entirely up to individual interpretation.
The ancient names refer to existing countries and regions. The empires including Babylon/Iraq, Persia/Iran, Greece, Roman Empire etc. Read Daniel.

If America was a super power during the end-times, you would think it would be mentioned. Some think that we are just an offshoot of the old and revived Roman Empire and therefore included in that part of the prophesy. Others say we are the new Babylon.

So some of the russian professors prediction that America will break up and the east coast will become part of the European Union may be accurate. The scary thing is he is predicting 2010.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well.. getting back to what I think the OP intended for this thread....."What are we doing?"

This past summer we broke ground and planted a garden. Didn't get as much from it as planned but we should do better next year as we get the planting times corrected. I also tried my hand at canning. I put up 54 pints of green beans along with quite a bit of ear corn and okra in the freezer.

I've recently noticed that many of the local Mennonite homes have solar panles set up on their roofs. I asked about this and found that the homes are wired for 12v lighting with inverters for small appliances. One of the young men said that his brother-in-law had a deep freezer set up to run off 12v, powered by solar panels and batteries.

I'm looking at becoming a self sufficient as possible, shedding reliance on depending on others (i. e. grocery stores, power companies, etc.) when I can.

Oh and I'm stocking up on ammo, too. If the SHTF one day, I'll have to guard against the hordes that didn't plan ahead. I won't just have to worry about the racoons raiding my garden.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Well... from here... I'd prob'ly say: "What's that noise?" We got water, horses... guns, ammo 'n available food critters 'n plants. The townies wouldn't come this way 'cause of natural 'n imaginary barriers galore... This is a high plateau between several mountain ranges with limited ingress routes. Weather ain't really a problem... altho it's hot most of the time. 'Nuthin' around worth nukin'...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just watched a very interesting show on History Channel, what if a terrorist nuked Wash DC with a crude 10 Kiloton weapon. 2 hours long, wow, really good.

dealt with , what would happen & a time frame, fall out, death tolls,continuity of government, responses, martial law, and the eventual US military responses.

N00blet45

imported post

I'm stocking up on firepower and just enough food and water to get me to the next location, so I can raid it. I think I'll be a raider kind of like in Mad Max (or Fallout) but with less sadism and more profiteering. Things will be bad at first but eventually it'll be like a modern day Mongol Horde.

I can dream can't I?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Lucky stiffs, all of you......

I'm sandwiched between 3 nuclear plants, and those bottled blond
terrorists are allowed to have 50 cal rifles.
I'm a glow in the dark dead man from plain old bullets.:cuss::cuss:

Then there is the danger of the wife seeing me make a deal with the
texas bikini team for some food.:shock: I barely survived having them
on video from the car show.:uhoh:

Either way I doubt I'll get to use up my ammo. At least my powder is
dry and will survive.

OC will survive though......
1. Only way you will live.
2. anti's realize being an 'irradiated' food source isn't all it's cracked up
to be.
3. leo harassers are out of a job.:celebrate

I feel sorry for the middle east when the Halo gamers that are left hack
the silos and retaliate for the EMP pulse that caused them to loose their
xbox's. :lol:

Carnivore

imported post

If Nuclear war overruns America, I hope it lands right smack dab in the middle ofmy recliner,, I'm tired already in a spoiled America, I don't want to try to survive and live through the suffering of my loved ones!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
If Nuclear war overruns America, I hope it lands right smack dab in the middle ofmy recliner,, I'm tired already in a spoiled America, I don't want to try to survive and live through the suffering of my loved ones!

That is the exact attitude to have! If I lived in a major population center, I would hope my brain isn't even able to process "What the heck was that big flash" before I am completely vaporized.

I would not mind being killed instantly, that is not a problem. But being as far out in the boonies as I am, we would probably not get any initial part of the blasts.

I just remembered something, Maybe I am in a targeted area, due to he "E.L.F. submarine communication center" I bet that is quite high on the target list of a nuclear war takes place between superpowers instead of low-yield ora dirty bomb attack.

If they take out all communications to nuclear warhead armed subs, I will be one of the first to go in the initial blast. :celebrateThat makes me feelway better than trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world.

Flintlock

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Just watched a very interesting show on History Channel, what if a terrorist nuked Wash DC with a crude 10 Kiloton weapon. 2 hours long, wow, really good.

dealt with , what would happen & a time frame, fall out, death tolls,continuity of government, responses, martial law, and the eventual US military responses.
I saw it as well and it was interesting. You can pretty much bet on it that the current violations of our civil liberties have nothing on what would occur if we were to ever be attacked with a crude nuclear device.

We were spiralling down hill well before 9/11.

After 2001, we fell off the cliff.

After a Nuclear Detonation, we would be finished.

Tomahawk

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
You can pretty much bet on it that the current violations of our civil liberties have nothing on what would occur if we were to ever be attacked with a crude nuclear device.

We were spiralling down hill well before 9/11.

After 2001, we fell off the cliff.

After a Nuclear Detonation, we would be finished.

Absolutely true. And it won't blow over, either. 9/11 hasn't blown over, yet, and that was 8 years ago.

America is in need of...?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

MSC 45ACP

imported post

They still use ELF and VLF for comms with subs... They use aircraft (TACAMO) and some ground sites like the one in Annapolis, MD. Anyone ever see all the pretty antennas on the north side of the river at night?:cool:

WheelGun

imported post

I just dread all the downstaters (NYC, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey) with their horrible accents and way-too-shiny cars coming up to these parts and staying longer than a holiday weekend.

Do you think they will frown and grump at my muddy 15 year-old car, my old wrinkly Army cammo clothing and my openly carried firearms if they have no home to go back to?

Maybe I should just get a credit card swiper machine and charge by the hour for a chance to use to use the bathroom, shower and laundry room in my basement.

Hillmann

imported post

As far as being prepaired for necular war goes, I think that is a bit over the top. But, I also think that most people arn't as prepared for common things that happen all the time. Every year there are several large ice storms in the north that knock out power for several weeks and no one is prepaired. In that case it would be wise to have several weeks of food avalable because the roads may be unpassable or stores may not be open or already sold out. If the power goes out that means you wont have heat(your furnace uses a fan to cercuate the heat and most wont even fire up without power), so that would make a back up source of heat a good idea. If the power is out that also means powere at your work is probley also out which means no work=no pay check, so it is a good idea to have a few thousand dollers in cash in your home as well. Then how many people do you know who wait until the tank is on empty before filling up? If the power is out that means the pumps at the gass station wont work eather. Which means if your tank was near empty and you don't have a gass can filled in the garage somewhare you can't even leave your home to stay with family or at a motel untill power is restored to your area.

I think that it is a good idea to look at whare you live and determan what problems are most likley to ocure and perpare for them. For me the most likley disaster would be a power outage in the winter and I and my family are prepared for it.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
As far as being prepaired for necular war goes, I think that is a bit over the top. But, I also think that most people arn't as prepared for common things that happen all the time. Every year there are several large ice storms in the north that knock out power for several weeks and no one is prepaired. In that case it would be wise to have several weeks of food avalable because the roads may be unpassable or stores may not be open or already sold out. If the power goes out that means you wont have heat(your furnace uses a fan to cercuate the heat and most wont even fire up without power), so that would make a back up source of heat a good idea. If the power is out that also means powere at your work is probley also out which means no work=no pay check, so it is a good idea to have a few thousand dollers in cash in your home as well. Then how many people do you know who wait until the tank is on empty before filling up? If the power is out that means the pumps at the gass station wont work eather. Which means if your tank was near empty and you don't have a gass can filled in the garage somewhare you can't even leave your home to stay with family or at a motel untill power is restored to your area.

I think that it is a good idea to look at whare you live and determan what problems are most likley to ocure and perpare for them. For me the most likley disaster would be a power outage in the winter and I and my family are prepared for it.

I really try to overlook a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but this is downright painful! Is the spell-check function on this board so difficult to use???:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hillmann

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Hillmann wrote:

I really try to overlook a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but this is downright painful! Is the spell-check function on this board so difficult to use???:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Yes, when I use thespell check my computer freezes up and everything I type dissapears. Also a missing finger is the cause of many of my spelling errors.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just a few pics of my Preps.... EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST A 30 DAY SUPPLY OF FOOD, WATER, TOILET PAPER, ETC ON HAND. the Gobernment won't be there to help you. 30 days at a Minimum , I am working towards 6 months...

This stockpile will double by June of 2010 ..