• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I 'm new to OC in FALLS CHURCH VA

led for breakfast

imported post

HELLO ALL

IM NEW INTO OPEN CARRY AND DO NOT KNOW ANYONE IN THE FALLS CHURCH FAIRFAX VA

IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO OPEN CARRY AND GO TO THE RANGE

LET ME KNOW

I SHOOT AT SHARP SHOOTER IN SPRINGFIELD

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Welcome! Just going to let you know off the bat before anybody gets on your case about writing in all caps. It's like yelling and a pain to read. Just FYI from now on.

There are tons of great people on here. Make sure to go to the OCDO dinners:)

nova

imported post

led for breakfast wrote:
thankx

what is that about,is it a gun club?

is there a web site?
website? you're on it already. OCDO is OpenCarryDotOrg (opencarry.org) :cool:

welcome!

t11spanner

imported post

Hello Led!

Carl here.

I live in Falls Church, Annandale Rd.and Kerns area.

Never been to Sharp Shooter.

OC all the time!

Be glad to meet up with you some time.

Carl

led for breakfast

imported post

thanx man

i live in skyline tower between george masson and Carlyn springs

the only thing that sucks about sharp shooters is that you must have a membership with them which cost 12$ a month other than that the have a lot of used and new guns for sale

Wangmuf

imported post

led for breakfast wrote:
thanx man

i live in skyline tower between george masson and Carlyn springs

the only thing that sucks about sharp shooters is that you must have a membership with them which cost 12$ a month other than that the have a lot of used and new guns for sale

This is the range at Gilbert's? Their membership fee used to be twice that.

Edit: lane fee = $10. there's the difference.

nova

imported post

Yeah Gilberts changed names to Sharpshooters when they renovated the range and gun shop. Pretty nice now, glad to see they didn't raise their rates. Cool thing is that .30 carbine is OK now, the range can handle anything up to 2000fps now. :cool:
I'm still using my Gilberts annual range card.

VApatriot

imported post

nova wrote:
Yeah Gilberts changed names to Sharpshooters when they renovated the range and gun shop. Pretty nice now, glad to see they didn't raise their rates. Cool thing is that .30 carbine is OK now, the range can handle anything up to 2000fps now. :cool:
I still haven't gotten over that way since they renovated. In fact, the last time I was there was about two years ago. As I recall, their prices and selection of guns weren't the greatest. Have they done anything to be more competitive with VA and G&A?

led for breakfast

imported post

hails

i open carry for first time today, i went to dick's (sport store) at columbia piketo buy ammo 2 boxes of 9mm, 15 $ each, Remington 115 gr

no one noticed me but the sales man on the gundepartment, he asked me what brand was my holster i guess he like it jeje ,the holster is made by fobus

i will open carry from now on!!!!!

CARRY ON!!!!:celebrate

Wangmuf

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
nova wrote:
I still haven't gotten over that way since they renovated. In fact, the last time I was there was about two years ago. As I recall, their prices and selection of guns weren't the greatest. Have they done anything to be more competitive with VA and G&A?

I was there last week, and didn't even notice they had changed their name. The only change I noticed was a counter with AR parts in it, I think, where there used to be a revolving rack that had holsters on it. I honestly didn't pay much attention, I was only there looking for a holster, stayed about 5 minutes. They had a grand total of 3 left hand holsters, and wouldn't check on the availability of a knife I wanted to buy, even though they had 3 other knives from the same manufacturer in their display. I was disappointed, and won't be going back for the store. I may go to the range, just to check out the renovation.

nova

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
nova wrote:

I was there last week, and didn't even notice they had changed their name. The only change I noticed was a counter with AR parts in it, I think, where there used to be a revolving rack that had holsters on it. I honestly didn't pay much attention, I was only there looking for a holster, stayed about 5 minutes. They had a grand total of 3 left hand holsters, and wouldn't check on the availability of a knife I wanted to buy, even though they had 3 other knives from the same manufacturer in their display. I was disappointed, and won't be going back for the store. I may go to the range, just to check out the renovation.
the range is a major improvement, though they're still working out the bugs with the target retrieval systems.

SAvage410

imported post

Welcome to the board! Glad to have another new face join up! You might also want to join VCDL, or at least attend a few meetings. Most of the folks there open carry both at the meeting itself, as well as at Fudrucker's where they meet after the meeting to have a late supper.

I go to SharpShooters 1-2 times a month. The range is much improved since the renovation. I am sad to say that the gunsmith retired and they no longer have those services available.

Their prices are a bit high though. They quoted $600.00 for a Glock 22. I went to Virginia Arms and bought a new one for $535.00.

markand

imported post

nova wrote:
Yeah Gilberts changed names to Sharpshooters when they renovated the range and gun shop.
Forgive the thread drift, but did the ownership of the shop change?

nova

imported post

markand wrote:
nova wrote:
Yeah Gilberts changed names to Sharpshooters when they renovated the range and gun shop.
Forgive the thread drift, but did the ownership of the shop change?
Nope...same people, same owner. Talked with the manager, they changed names because they got tired of people coming in and asking if they were "Gilbert" :lol:

Wangmuf

imported post

I went up there today, and found out that the range is closed until Oct. 5 for cleaning. When I mentioned they were closed to the counterperson at 10-8 Duty Gear across the street, he said they have an inspection coming, and if they fail the range gets closed down permanently. I don't know the validity of this statement, but would suck if they get closed. It's only 7 miles from my house.

nova

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
I went up there today, and found out that the range is closed until Oct. 5 for cleaning. When I mentioned they were closed to the counterperson at 10-8 Duty Gear across the street, he said they have an inspection coming, and if they fail the range gets closed down permanently. I don't know the validity of this statement, but would suck if they get closed. It's only 7 miles from my house.
I REALLLLLLLY hope that isn't true...I have 5 months left on my membership!!! :X