• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transporting Hand Gun on Motorcycle

notalawyer

I tried to stick to the technical legalities; on appeal to FL.SC but it was clear the 4th DCA was influenced by hearsay... I did have witness the FHP Trooper Menner; who was 1st on scene... It was clear the courts allowed in false content as reasoning; I know what I wrote because I had to inject (like the State had) my side of the story into the record some how...
And its there; lawyers inject testimony & evidence this way all the time "into the record" say what you want but the original judge over the case thought other wise.... anyways the FL.SC turned my case down not because i dont have a valid appeal but because of the filing & didn't hear based on lack of jurisdiction; no mention of with or without prejudice so I could refile... according to the FSC the destroyed the file about this time last year in 2014...
I took a plea; (because I knew my PD was trash & would have lost at trial) the PD said I was facing 5 years if I lost at trial; but I know she was wrong there too I'm no felon that was the first time I ever got a felony; my points didn't equal prison time but I wasn't going to argue w/ a nit wit PD who didn't even know what a stay of sentence motion is... I told the PD I wanted to retain my rights & to appeal; she gave me a crazy look and said she never heard of that before but said shed ask the judge so she went side bar & when she told the judge I would take the plea if I could retain my rights & the judge flinched back & looked at her baffled as if how does she know this..? he looks at me looks at her and says ok ill give it to him lets go on record... After I decided I simply do not have all the resources or backing to keep figuring out how to fight for truth & to get someone who understands the points and the law as I understood it as a laymen...
Honestly I am still willing to fight; because I know I am innocent, I know I can be an ******* & I admit do flicking them off with a middle finger, but as you said my word vs 3 leos and a crabshot PD I was screwed... But maybe not entirely; if any is seriously interested in helping PM me...

I guess you missed this sentence in the ruling:
No motion for rehearing will be entertained by the Court.

Last edited: