Thread: Firearm Discharge @ Michigan OC Picnic

Post imported post

I always heardnever put finger on trigger, unless...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/31914.html
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

I have no sympathy. If you cannot clear your handgun without it going off... well that's just not good. I know that once you do something time and time again it becomes routine and you get comfortable, but people, handguns require constant attention and are things noone should ever become "comfortable" with. Keep your finger off the trigger! It's as easy as that.

Post imported post

I'm going to reserve judgment.

I know for a fact that one of our Oregon members put a round through the floor pan of his car while loading, and he demonstrated by posting a video that it was a MECHANICAL MALFUNCTION that released the hammer when the slide was released, NOT a negligent action on his part.

The firearm in question (a Rock Island Armory 1911 IIRC) was returned to the manufacturer for service.

Post imported post

Unless it is a mechanical malfunction there is no such thing as an accident. It will always be negligent....

Post imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
    Unless it is a mechanical malfunction there is no such thing as an accident. It will always be negligent....
    +1
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

For some reason there don't seem to be as many "Malfunctions" among the more "quality" firearms. How many tiems do you hear of failures that cause unwanted discharges with Sig's, HK's, XD's etc. Seems like more of a problem with those that were selected more on the basis of low cost rather than quality.

Another factor to consider is how many times the weapon has been modified. Seems like the most common "mod" is to the trigger mechanism and I have lost count of how many people claim to be "Trigger Experts".

Just my $0.02
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

go read the actual thread in mich. its only about 11 pages long. its linked at the top of this thread. it appears the gun was a new XD or XDm.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
    go read the actual thread in mich. its only about 11 pages long. its linked at the top of this thread. it appears the gun was a new XD or XDm.
    Sorry, I was commenting on Phssthpok's post, not the Michigan one.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"