• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Closer to OCing...

Daath 474

imported post

Today I did something I didn't think I'd do... I wore a white t-shirt. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to some of you guys, but I haven't worn a white t-shirt in years since I started to CC. Wearing a simple white t-shirt makes anything darker under it show and I was always afraid of 'printing' or the black of my pistol showing through. Since I've been talking to you guys and becoming more informed about OC and what to do in situations with LEO confrontation, I feel more confident in my rights. I know it's not a big step, but I think it may be a first step in actually OCing sometimes in my future. I've always worn a black shirt, maybe a size bigger than usual to make sure I covered the holster clip and the pistol entirely without printing. Today I wore a size medium white t-shirt and carried CC but if anyone looked closely they would be able to tell it was there. Nothing bad happened and I feel confident that I will continue to do this for some time.

Mainsail

imported post

This was as concealed as I was going to get at Pike's Place Market on Wednesday.

56e17073-8db4-4c0e-8ede-442ccd938f62.jpg

Daath 474

imported post

Excellent! I may actually get a holster for open carrying one of these days soon... I don't see why not. I just need to make sure I have the correct information about laws and gun rights pamphlets on me just in case!

Daath 474

imported post

... actually my Sidekick holster fits in my right pocket just fine if I wanted to OC....

:quirky I'm still a bit nervous about it, but maybe soon!!!

DEROS72

imported post

Right on my friend .I OC there all the time.Quite honestly I don't think anyone even noticed .Most excellent!

You get used to it.I Have OCed everywhere at all times for over a year I don't ever have to many issues.I do carry pamphlets as once in a while I get someone curious about the gun laws here.Most I talk to are quite pleasently surprised that it is legal..

The capital steps in Oly 9/12.(for those who havn't seen it.There were a few of us.)

Batousaii

imported post

I can completely understand, and have been doing similar. I recently been wearing my white undershirt, and my over shirt is not so concealing for my .45 auto as used to be with former wear. It's often peeking out from beneath the shirt, and i wear it un-buttoned so it can be seen at particular angles, if the wind blows etc. I been less concerned about the "concealed" aspect of carryingsince being part of the OC forum. Recently I have done small bites of OC in areas where i was comfortable, and with time am getting more confident.Growing up inCA, and a bad experience with a sheriff in WA has slowed a little progress. But i too am taking my steps towards confidence in OCing more. Just happy to be more comfortable carrying, both physically and mentally, largely thanks to the forum for this growth.

I'm with ya :p

:cool:Bat

P.S. Thumbs Up Mainsail, looks good, You too Deros!

David.Car

imported post

Since you are gearing toward your first I thought I would share mine with you... First OC experience was with 2 other WA members at Hoopfest in Spokane...If you have never been, just imagine 200,000 people filling about 7 square city blocks.

That was a bit nerve racking, but once the day was done and 0 people commented... Well that got me over the hump real quick. Rarely ever CC now.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
This was as concealed as I was going to get at Pike's Place Market on Wednesday.
A GLOCK?!? What happened to all those Sigs? Are you coming over to the darkside, Mainsail? If so. . . WELCOME!:)

Mainsail

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
A GLOCK?!? What happened to all those Sigs? Are you coming over to the darkside, Mainsail? If so. . . WELCOME!:)

I still carry the Sig 1911 and the P239, but I bought a G20SF for hiking. I dropped in a Lone Wolf barrel, 3.5# connector, and some Trijicon night sights. I liked it so much I've been carrying it now and then. The 10mm is a great round.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Daath 474 wrote:
Today I did something I didn't think I'd do... I wore a white t-shirt. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to some of you guys, but I haven't worn a white t-shirt in years since I started to CC. Wearing a simple white t-shirt makes anything darker under it show and I was always afraid of 'printing' or the black of my pistol showing through. Since I've been talking to you guys and becoming more informed about OC and what to do in situations with LEO confrontation, I feel more confident in my rights. I know it's not a big step, but I think it may be a first step in actually OCing sometimes in my future. I've always worn a black shirt, maybe a size bigger than usual to make sure I covered the holster clip and the pistol entirely without printing. Today I wore a size medium white t-shirt and carried CC but if anyone looked closely they would be able to tell it was there. Nothing bad happened and I feel confident that I will continue to do this for some time.
Wenatchee right? I O.C.ed there this spring and had no problems. If I get over there again I will p.m you and we can meet at Starbucks or something.

Daath 474

imported post

Aye, thanks for the support guys. I'm a bit nervous about it, but maybe I'll get over it soon. As I've mentioned, I'm a young guy with piercings and tattoos. So I'm used to being profiled by the police for doing nothing wrong anyway. This Wednesday, I'm going in to buy some more ammo and I think I'll check out OC holsters. I have a Sidekick that is meant for CC; it fits in my pocket for OC, but it's a bit uncomfortable there and renders my pocket useless so it wouldn't work for me. Also, thanks for the offer to get coffee sometime... if you're in the area that would be pretty cool. Good to know more people that have a sane head on their shoulders about protecting themselves with guns.

Daath 474

imported post

Also, I saw some different pamphlets on here about OC rights and laws pertaining to carrying. I'm not sure which one is the most accurate, so could somebody link me to the most appropriate one? I'd like to get it printed out and carry it on myself when I finally decide to OC in my town.

killchain

imported post

You could get a Concealed Pistol License and then slowly work towards open carrying by wearing it under a jacket or an unbuttoned over shirt. That way it's legal and you could build up your confidence. I do that sometimes, because I don't open carry very much. I've also seen a few people do that around the Tri-Cities area.

Although after an interview I did, wearing khaki pants, a nice button up shirt and a tie. I didn't get any odd looks, but due to my haircut and my Oakleys I probably looked like a detective. :p

Daath 474

imported post

I do have my CPL and I've had it since I was 21 (I'm 25 now). I'm working up to it (OC)... it's just a big step for me because of the intimidation and harassment I receive from LEOs. I'm getting closer... heheh.

Daath 474

imported post

Sudden valley, I think Starbucks is a great idea! Hahah! That is where almost all of the local cops hang out. Boy, that'd be interesting.... especially if it was my first OC.

DEROS72

imported post

I will tell you that appearence does play a part.I am pretty much always in a golf shirt and slacks or pressed jeans.I virtually never get hasseled.So loose the piercings and dress appopriatly and I'll bet a months pension you won't either.

Daath 474

imported post

I'm thinking I could wear something like this... but keep the piercings in of course.

41fGK-289DL._AA280_.jpg

*note this is not a picture of me* Also, I don't really dress too weird. Just a plain t-shirt and jeans 99% of the time. It's just the piercings, tattoos and age factor... I'm also serious about the argyle sweater vest... pretty classy!

DEROS72

imported post

Piecings are ugly and not nessasary .If you dressed like that pic you probably will never get hasseled.

This is the way I appear most of the time.The cake was presented to me by the local Safeway and Starbucks because I handeled a bad guy appropriatly. Long story.Notice no holes in my face....Hell If I were a cop I would check someone that is dum enough to mutilate themselves that way.