• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Piedmont area - OC reports

Va_Nemo

That is a sweet rig. I sometimes carry a 5906 in a Galco Combat Master holster, but because of the lack of retention, it's usually concealed. My EDC is typically a G19 Gen4 in a Safariland 7377 ALS holster.

I like the 5906 because it primarily stainless steel. Strip, Dawn, hot water, good scrub, 130 degree oven for half hour, let cool, lube, de-strip and its good and clean. Besides I sweat like a faucet in summer and got it for S. Georgia summers. I was there July last year, and no day was below 90 and most were above 95 with a fair number broke 3 digits. That was a bit warm at times.

Went with the Alien Gear based on recommendations from friends and loaned usage. It just works for me. Fit, comfort and cost are all great.

Nemo

scooter348

I like the 5906 because it primarily stainless steel. Strip, Dawn, hot water, good scrub, 130 degree oven for half hour, let cool, lube, de-strip and its good and clean. Besides I sweat like a faucet in summer and got it for S. Georgia summers. I was there July last year, and no day was below 90 and most were above 95 with a fair number broke 3 digits. That was a bit warm at times.

Went with the Alien Gear based on recommendations from friends and loaned usage. It just works for me. Fit, comfort and cost are all great.

Nemo

I hear ya'. I got Alien Gear holsters for both my M&P Shield and my G19 for concealed carry. I absolutely love the comfort of these holsters. And the price was good too. Carry on Nemo.

scooter348

OC'ed at Five Guys in Culpeper last night. Saw a couple of tactikewl fan boys CCing (even Stevie Wonder could see they were carrying) who acted like they wanted to say something to me, but instead they just grabbed their grub and hustled on out. Would have engaged them, but I was with the family and didn't want to involve them. As I was walking out, a guy walked in with what appeared to be a compact semiautomatic in his right front pants pocket.

OC'ed at McDonald's this morning with no looks or comments. All good in the 'Pep.

scooter348

OC'ed recently at Lowe's, Martin's, and Country Cookin'. Got home and the building inspector was giving the final inspection of my new deck. He and I had a long, interesting conversation about Glocks vs. everything else. All good.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh, I forgot to add, I went to the gun show in Fredericksburg on Saturday. Picked up a nice OWB pancake style holster for my Glock 21 and I made the leap and joined VCDL.
Best darned group to protect and defend your right to defend yourself.

scooter348

OC'ed today at Ciro's, where I had the shrimp salad.

Stopped by Lowe's to pick up some new blinds for my mom's apartment.

And I hit Martin's to grab some groceries for tonight's supper.

All good in Culpeper. Made better that my beautiful wife tagged along.

scooter348

Was sportin' my G19 with light in my new John Jackson holster when I OC'ed today. Went by Tractor Supply, County Farm Service, Culpeper Co-op, Southern States, Lowe's, and finally, Martin's. All good in the 'Pep.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Was sportin' my G19 with light in my new John Jackson holster when I OC'ed today. Went by Tractor Supply, County Farm Service, Culpeper Co-op, Southern States, Lowe's, and finally, Martin's. All good in the 'Pep.

The reason that your G19 was not noticed is you were carrying generation "invisible." That's the generation between 4 and 5.