• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Piedmont area - OC reports

Regular_Joe

Gainesville at DejaVu coffeeshop. Very friendly clerk. Customers polite and chatty. Slightly surprise a state trooper in the parking lot - he smiled and waved!

Wawa at Opal - a couple of customers at the next bay kept checking out the gun, and stared as I left - I just smiled politely and waved. Staff and other customers inside didn't seem to notice or care.

OC'd in Culpeper WalMart for about an hour - no issues. Spoke to a couple of clerks, walked past customer service desk a few times. Everyone was polite and friendly. Ran into folks we know from church - they either didn't notice or didn't care.

Later, at Culpeper Blockbusters - no issues. Clerks were friendly and didn't seem to notice. I was there for waaaay too long, waiting on son and his buddy to pick out a game and movie. Several families were in and out, no :what:at all.

Serpa holster configured at FBI cant (@3 o'clock) makes a big difference while driving - made for a very comfortable commute.

A good OC day - everyone was polite or didn't seem to care/notice! I am beginning to wonder if the Serpa makes the gun invisible...

Last edited by a moderator:

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Have you tried the Mexican Restaurant in Culpeper, "Pancho Villa", near the intersection with Rt. 3? I noticed that they serve beer the last time I was in there.

trio

imported post

user wrote:
Have you tried the Mexican Restaurant in Culpeper, "Pancho Villa", near the intersection with Rt. 3? I noticed that they serve beer the last time I was in there.
I have OC'd at Pancho Villa....pretty good food...I like the restaurant in Orange better, which I think has opened a second site up in Gainesville...the name is currently escaping me...

I live in PWC, but my wife works in Culpeper and I'm there a lot...

off the top of my head, I have OC'd at:

Ruby Tuedays
Pancho Villa
the chinese buffet behind the Chili's up past the walmart (name escapes me)
Chili's
Lowes
Wal-Mart
Pizza Hut (before it burned down, but I think its been rebuilt)

several other places over the last 6 years....CC is my usual preferred method for carry so its not as extensive, but I have found Culpeper on the whole to be very carry friendly

MSC 45ACP

imported post

user wrote:
I usually get GREAT service in Mexican places when I OC... :D

The_Side_of_Good

imported post

My wife and I open carry at Panco Villa regularly. They're a great group of people that have never asked a question whether coming in on the grubby side from the barn or shirt and tie from work in town...

NightmareSHANIQUA

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, US
imported post

I can concur with Serpas making a gun just blend. Some people notice, but the way it sits on my side its just perfect. Gainesville is pretty cool about carry. Ive been to target and Wawa. I know Giant is good and I think a few people down in Bristow have confirmed the Safeway and Hairy Peeter.

Regular_Joe

imported post

I've OC'd at all gthe 7-11's in Culpeper. No problems, just some wide eyes by folks hanging around outside.

McDonalds on Rt29 in Gainesville - nice lady working the cash register became a bit uncomfortable - I think she was glad when I asked for my food 'to go'!

altajava

imported post

Having just relocated to the area(New Baltimore), I welcome this thread. So far I have had no problems with the Lowes, Petsmart and Bed Bath and Beyond in Gainsville. Spitonys and the 7-11 next to it are problem free as well. Hope to get into old town Warrentonthis weekend.

trio

imported post

if you want to throw in the Bristow area...

I have OC'd at various times in just about every institution in the Harris Teeter shopping center with the exception of the banks....even at the Tony's there, which is owned by the same people that had the incident at the Tony's in Manassas a few years back....

as an aside, the new dentist in there is really good...

I have also OC'd at the Uno's and IHOP in the Village Gateway shopping center, and the new Wegman's down the road...i did get quite a few looks at Wegman's...i find that at my size (6'6 300lbs) few people notice the gun because generally they are looking UP at my face so not DOWN where my gun would be...

hrmmm...I've carried in the Best Buy and Target in that shopping center too...as well as to the Mexican restaurant that is near the Safeway there (can't remember the name now)....i have OC'd at the Mimi's as well...

my generally preferred method of carry is concealed, but when I am in my work garb i am generally always OC....

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

trio wrote:
if you want to throw in the Bristow area...

I have OC'd at various times in just about every institution in the Harris Teeter shopping center with the exception of the banks....even at the Tony's there, which is owned by the same people that had the incident at the Tony's in Manassas a few years back....

as an aside, the new dentist in there is really good...

I have also OC'd at the Uno's and IHOP in the Village Gateway shopping center, and the new Wegman's down the road...i did get quite a few looks at Wegman's...i find that at my size (6'6 300lbs) few people notice the gun because generally they are looking UP at my face so not DOWN where my gun would be...

hrmmm...I've carried in the Best Buy and Target in that shopping center too...as well as to the Mexican restaurant that is near the Safeway there (can't remember the name now)....i have OC'd at the Mimi's as well...

my generally preferred method of carry is concealed, but when I am in my work garb i am generally always OC....
Couple questions about clarification if you don't mind. Do you mean "Virginia Gateway" instead of "Village Gateway"? And I suspect you mean the Giant and not a Safeway when you mentioned the Mexican restaurant (El Tio's perhaps?) not far from Best Buy and Target.

Just to clear up the locations for all of us, that's all... nothing snide implied.

SouthernBoy

imported post

altajava wrote:
Having just relocated to the area(New Baltimore), I welcome this thread. So far I have had no problems with the Lowes, Petsmart and Bed Bath and Beyond in Gainsville. Spitonys and the 7-11 next to it are problem free as well. Hope to get into old town Warrentonthis weekend.
Welcome to the area. You would be in Fauquier County I presume, just past the PWC line. There are only one or two locations in the Gainesville area and surrounds where you might run into a problem. I understand that Pei Wei's in Virginia Gateway is a no-no and the same for the "wing" restaurant (don't know their name).

Regular_Joe

imported post

Just a word of caution for OC/CC'ers traveling to the Sports Complex near Eastern View High School - need to watch which road is used to enter the Sports Complex fields - the access road nearest Rt 29 appears to be on school property, so be aware of the restrictions of exiting the vehicle!

trio

imported post

hi guys...

i did mean Virginia Gateway...

I think its El Tio's....i've only been once...it was good, but we generally go to Casa Chimayo when we go out to Mexican....

have to check on that Eastern View thing...

SouthernBoy

imported post

trio wrote:
hi guys...

I think its El Tio's....i've only been once...it was good, but we generally go to Casa Chimayo when we go out to Mexican....

While El Tio's food is perhaps a little better than Casa Chimayo's, Casa Chimayo just feels good. It's a nice cosy feeling little restaurant and the food is good. I've OC'd there a number of times.

trio

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
trio wrote:
hi guys...

While El Tio's food is perhaps a little better than Casa Chimayo's, Casa Chimayo just feels good. It's a nice cosy feeling little restaurant and the food is good. I've OC'd there a number of times.

yeah...my Dad used to take us to Casa Chimayo years ago...El Tio may have better food, but old habits die hard...

Marco

imported post

While El Tio's food is perhaps a little better than Casa Chimayo's, Casa Chimayo just feels good.
I have yet to have a problem at any of theshopsI have patroizedin Virginia Gateway.

Wethink the food at Casa Chimayo & Don Pablo'staste like $#!+:exclaim:
We had planned to try El Tio's this weekend,but if it'sonly marginally better it probably isn't worth a visit.
We'll just have to keep going to Anita's.

[line]

Stopped @ Shopper's yesterday.