• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for advice 17 year old

fwk

imported post

My nephew comes to our farm to shoot he is 17
We normally pick him up. It is 70 mile round trip. (Pain in the butt)
Can he carry his rifle or shotgun in a gun case in his vehicle unloaded to drive here or meet us at the range legally or not
Thanks in advance

Carnivore

imported post

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gunlaws_mo.htm

Unless the laws have changed drastically, he's OK, I hauled my guns all over the state when i was a kid, but double check for yourself, this world has definitely changed for the worse, and the laws are the reason..

Keeep helping the kid out, and keep reminding him that someday you're gonna need someone to haul you around..:lol:eek:r just put him on an errand to run for you, if he balks on you, cut him off, You scratch my back I'll scratch yours kinda thing, ain't noting worse than a one way friend, the world is full of too many one way humans already..

Freakshow

imported post

There aren't any state laws restricting possession of long guns by minors in Missouri. Assuming he isn't otherwise prohibited from possessing the guns he'll be legal. Handguns and handgun ammunition are the only things that will be sticky for someone under 18, but that's federal law, not state.

fwk

imported post

Thanks for the info.
I thought that was the case but was not sure
When I was a kid I had guns in my gun rack in my pick up all of the time