• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Colorado

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I will be in Colorado over Halloween Weekend. I am a avid open carrier and live in Utah.
I have a Valid CFP and was wondering if I could open carry in Colorado I will be in Delores CO for the Week then returning to Utah. Also if their are any meet up's anywhere that weekend.

If I can what is off limits If I can't then where can I not CC.

I am asking this in advance so I can be well versed in Colorado Law if stopped for Open Carry.

Thanks
Zachary
801-448-7574

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Why do you say Denver ?

Also is it legal to carry openly from another state.

What about school zones or campus in Colorado anything in Dolores Colorado I need to worry about any other good or bad experiences in this area.

I want to insure that I am 100% legal. Any recommendations

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Why do you say Denver ?

What about school zones or campus in Colorado anything in Dolores Colorado I need to worry about any other good or bad experiences in this area.

You don't have to be a resident of Colorado to OC here.

The thing with Denver is that it's "home-rule" city and it challenged the supreme court with the open carry issue and got it to be prohibited. Considering the fact that you'll be almost 400 miles from Denver, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

FogRider

imported post

Ian wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Why do you say Denver ?

You don't have to be a resident of Colorado to OC here.

The thing with Denver is that it's "home-rule" city and it challenged the supreme court with the open carry issue and got it to be prohibited. Considering the fact that you'll be almost 400 miles from Denver, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
Yeah, I sorta forgot to mention that.

DocNTexas

imported post

I have OCed in Delores on many occasions without a problem. During my last trip there, I stood in line at the trading post with a deputy sheriff and discussed motorcycles while waiting to pay out and not a single reference to the Sig 229 on my hip.

I have never had an issue in the westernhalf of the state, other than a few questions here and there from individuals, usually out of state travelers (usually from one of thenortheast states). In fact, the onlydiscussions I have ever had with LEO's in Colorado concerning my sidearm was to discuss the merits of what I was carrying, i.e.What caliber was it?; Did I like it?; How did it shoot?; stuff like that.

Doc