• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idle News - CC Permits

ecocks

imported post

I was a bit shockedlast nightwhen the mail yielded my son's CC permit after only 2 weeks waiting.

He applied the same day I hadpicked mine up (after a full 90 day wait).

The only thing that seems to make sense is if it takes longer for older persons who have lived in more places.

Anyway, I'll be starting him off this next week with some slow and easy CC'ing, then work him on up to OC over the winter.

widescreen

imported post

Very Nice. I was able to recieve my CC permit from Canyon County in just under two weeks. Yes, given I am only 27 years old, I am much younger than some of you, but I'm also a Navy brat, which means I've done some moving around a little bit too.

Nearly half of those in my department have their CWL. Which means about 30 of us OC/CC. People of all ages have applied and have received their CWL between 2 weeks, and 3 months. Near as we can figure, the county either sends them out in batches and you get lucky, or you get blasted for the full 90 days.

9Shooter

imported post

I've asked questions about the length of time it takes. The answer I got was that they essentially use the same NICS check that a dealer uses when a firearm is purchased from them. The background check part takes no time at all. The time it takes is in the local paperwork. If you got your permit fast, it's likely because fewer people are in the queue right now.

ecocks

imported post

I asked the wonderfully helpful lady at the CWP counter in the Ada County Services building about the reasons that mine took almost exactly 90 days and my son's only 2 weeks. Apparently they were upgrading the system this summer and for about a 3-4 month period they were running close to 90 days processing time. Now that the new system is setup and better understood, processing times have dropped significantly.

Anyway, my son got his permit today (to be accurate, the mail had yielded the letter notifying him to come and get it) so we have a new carrier amongst us. We'll be shopping over the next few days.

My wife is happier than I would have everimagined that she also received "her" guntoday (from Cabella's). CZ-75 P06Model in .40 cal. Looks like a long range session for the both of them is coming up in the next week.