• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone interested in oc orientation meeting? Fowlerville area.

rj3663

imported post

With all of the noise about the recent accidental discharge is there anyone interested in forming a monthly "OC Orientation" group? The clubhouse in Fowlerville could be used if so. I don't feel qualified to do a presentation but if anyone wanted to discuss it I think it's an idea whose time has come.

johnnyd74

imported post

i think it should be used to practice, what happens when a leo stops you and what you should do and say!

i think this needs to be done by all of us,we can read and hear what to say and do,but if we practice it i think by saying it out loud, we will all benefit!

what you think?

rj3663

imported post

I would provide an example of each type of action, revolver and semi auto to use in a classroom setting. It would be nice if someone could come up with some snap caps so no one is actually handling live rounds. We would also need to come up with a format. Perhaps the moderators could help us out there. I would prefer that we don't began demonstrating things "our way" only to open up a big heated debate about whose way is better. Any suggestions?

johnnyd74

imported post

yes i will, set up the time,place and date....i bet alot of people will show up!!

it can be both gun handling,safety,and how to deal with leo's and people asking when we open carry!

need someone to act as cop....then pretend to ask us questions! and see how we deal with it!

rj3663

imported post

Our regular meetings are 7:pm saturdays. Those are private for club members only. Any other time and date that works for you is ok by me. The clubhouse is in downtown Fowlerville and is a very clean and pleasant space. pm me for more info and I'll work with you to set it up. Gordon, you're on for this one too and bring Wally with you.

rj3663

imported post

I will provide the space and the visual aids. I do not feel that I should represent mioc as a facilitator. I will assist but not lead...it's not my thing.