• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Murrieta/Temecula

Slug0331

imported post

Afternoon y'all. I've been open carrying in Riverside County for the past 3 weekends now in town with a surprising amount of positive feedback from residents.

Today I ran into a couple OC activists in the region at Faith Armory, sorry I can't remember their names, and they turned me to this site.

Hopefully this will become more common as more will come out as they see us carrying.

Semper Fidelis

wewd

imported post

Hey man, I was the guy in the boonie hat. Good to see you on the site. We are having an OC meet at Old Town next weekend, if you want to attend please check out this thread. The other gentleman (coolusername2007) will probably be along shortly to introduce himself.

Slug0331

imported post

I was hopin yall would drop in here. It was nice to get more information for OC in the area. Hopefully the more we're seen around, the more others will carry too. It's got to start with someone.

coolusername2007

imported post

Hey Slug, the other guy was me. I was the one in the straw hat who handed you the brochure. Glad to see you're on the site and hope you can make the meetup next weekend in Old Town.

The guys at Faith Armory I great! Real pro 2A guys and gals, professional and knowledgable about their products. I encourage anyone in the southland to patronize their store and support them, they are supporting the OC movement. Today we supplied them with a stack of my OC educational brochures to hand out in their store, they even helped fold them!

FYI...Saturday, Oct 10th Faith Armory and The Outdoor Channel are hosting a FREE Hunter Education Safety class. Contact the store for more details at 951-699-7500 (excuse the plug here, I benefit in no way whatsoever)

coolusername2007

imported post

Slug0331 wrote:
I was hopin yall would drop in here. It was nice to get more information for OC in the area. Hopefully the more we're seen around, the more others will carry too. It's got to start with someone.
Be careful about UOC'ing in Murrieta. A few weeks ago the Murrieta PD detained, cuffed, and seized a guy's gun while UOC'ing at the Walmart off of Murrieta Hot Springs Road. A guy here in the forums, Pullnshoot, is working to get the public records on this detainment for more details. If you UOC in Murrieta be sure to carry your voice recorder. Since the incident I've UOC'ed in Murrieta once with no problems with the store I was in (spa shop picking up some chemicals).

demnogis

imported post

I try not to UOC in the Valley of the People of the Dirt, but the next time I roll through to Riverside or Corona I may do that.

UOC event in Riverside? I've educated the RVPD about UOC and they seemed to be pretty positive about it. Just have to watch out for all the school zones... They're like potholes on Van Buren Blvd...

coolusername2007

imported post

demnogis wrote:
I try not to UOC in the Valley of the People of the Dirt, but the next time I roll through to Riverside or Corona I may do that.

UOC event in Riverside? I've educated the RVPD about UOC and they seemed to be pretty positive about it. Just have to watch out for all the school zones... They're like potholes on Van Buren Blvd...

What's that all about?

The upcoming event will be our 2nd monthly meetup, and the 2nd in Riverside county. But there are several who UOC in Riverside county fairly regularly.

Slug0331

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Be careful about UOC'ing in Murrieta. A few weeks ago the Murrieta PD detained, cuffed, and seized a guy's gun while UOC'ing at the Walmart off of Murrieta Hot Springs Road. A guy here in the forums, Pullnshoot, is working to get the public records on this detainment for more details. If you UOC in Murrieta be sure to carry your voice recorder. Since the incident I've UOC'ed in Murrieta once with no problems with the store I was in (spa shop picking up some chemicals)
So far Murrieta has been good, and the two LEOs I've talked to have been knowledgable on the subject, probably because of this incident you are refering to. I wouldn't be surprised if memo's were rushed through the department after they saw they were the one's who broke/abused the law.

I'll be sure to put Walmart on my list as one to steer clear if at all possible. I'm sure it has to do a lot with the manager of the businesses and stores we go to whether or not we deal with the local LEOs.

Sorry I left without acknowledging yall, I had other errands to run and yall seemed to be teaching others the specifics. I'm rather glad I dropped in when I did, brought up the topic with a good crowd in there. Take care.

coolusername2007

imported post

Well at this point we don't know who called the law. It could have been an employee or a shopper. Walmart is good to go, their corporate policy does not prohibit carry of any type as long as its legal in that state. I've contacted the store and one of their managers verbally confirmed to me that UOC was OK in their store. At this point Murrieta PD encounters need to be voice recorded at the minimum until we know exactly what happened.

wewd

imported post

Wal-Mart actually has a corporate policy which applies to all stores nationwide, including Sam's Club, to follow state law in regards to the carrying of firearms. If carrying is legal (in whatever form), then it is allowed at Wal-Mart. Some store managers and employees, and even district managers, aren't aware of this policy, but we are trying our best to educate them. If anyone at Wal-Mart hassles you, inform them of the policy, and suggest that they call corporate in Bentonville to confirm the policy.

As for the police violating an open carrier's rights, which is what appeared to happen at the Murietta Wal-Mart, that is another matter that we are also working on and making great progress all over the state. As open carry becomes more common, the police will become more educated about the laws and proper procedures to ensure that everyone's rights are respected, and that officers do not unwittingly put themselves in a situation where they may be held personally, and perhaps criminally, liable for violating a citizen's rights. That is not something that any of us wants.

demnogis

imported post

It's a long-standing joke amongst my friends. The inland empire commonly gets slang names... such as "Inbred Empire", "Dirt People" etc... I spent a good many years of my life growing up there... I think I get the privilege of poking fun at my old stomping grounds :D

coolusername2007 wrote:
demnogis wrote:

What's that all about?

pullnshoot25

imported post

Slug0331 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
Be careful about UOC'ing in Murrieta.  A few weeks ago the Murrieta PD detained, cuffed, and seized a guy's gun while UOC'ing at the Walmart off of Murrieta Hot Springs Road.  A guy here in the forums, Pullnshoot, is working to get the public records on this detainment for more details.  If you UOC in Murrieta be sure to carry your voice recorder.  Since the incident I've UOC'ed in Murrieta once with no problems with the store I was in (spa shop picking up some chemicals)
So far Murrieta has been good, and the two LEOs I've talked to have been knowledgable on the subject, probably because of this incident you are refering to.  I wouldn't be surprised if memo's were rushed through the department after they saw they were the one's who broke/abused the law. 

I'll be sure to put Walmart on my list as one to steer clear if at all possible.  I'm sure it has to do a lot with the manager of the businesses and stores we go to whether or not we deal with the local LEOs. 

Sorry I left without acknowledging yall, I had other errands to run and yall seemed to be teaching others the specifics.  I'm rather glad I dropped in when I did, brought up the topic with a good crowd in there.  Take care.

Those dorks should have known the law. They have only had 10 months to figure it out. I could get a law degree in that time for crying out loud.

Here is the documentation from that incident. It is a little sparse.

https://pullnshoot25.sugarsync.com/getfiles/cwjqzti39ebix