• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

private property oc

smc1987

imported post

In a state where oc is not permissable, it is legal to oc on your private proterty, correct?

So my question is, in my apartment complex if I have permission from my landlord would I be able to oc on the premisis?

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

You can OC from your apt to your car, and visa versa, however, simply walking around the complex would be a very gray area....
(IANAL)

What part of Texas are you in? You should really put that info in your profile so it shows up! It helps us to help you by keeping our answers tailored to the area you are asking about...

Also, there are quite a few of us around Texas, you may be near one of us to meet up for a range day! Check out the Texas section of the forum for stuff thats going on around the state!

smc1987

imported post

Sorry, I only have the internet on my phone and its pretty slow. But I live in san angelo. Thanks for the info though, I didn't know about the oc to and from my vehicle.

Bustelo5%

imported post

The gov at any level cannot intrude on what you do at your own especially if you own your own property in a alodial title. You can CC OC do whatever you want on your own property that even means your Apt because its your domain. Same as for a business since its a private entity. If your employer wants employees and or customers Ocing in hir or her store you can becuase its private.