• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy threatened to kick my ass again, then I botched up the police report

david.ross

imported post

The guy threatened to kick my ass again.

I called the state troopers and made a report. I managed to botch up the police report and made it sound like the guy would kick my ass if I didn't take better care of my dogs. I should note my dogs are more healthy and fed better(raw diet) than most humans.

Now I've rules for making a police report
rule 1) never make a police report while still in the fight or flight mode
rule 2) photos and data
rule 3) make sure you're better armed, just in case

I heard the motorcycle pull up the driveway, which we don't have any motorcyclists here so naturally I'm curious. I see him get off, walk to the neighbor's house, on his way he stops by my fence. He feeds my dogs, I run out there, open the gate, and pull the dogs away. I take the dogs inside and put one inside the crate.

*condition orange*
I go outside with my camo writing notepad(has a large zipper cover), walk up to his bike, then record all the information I need.

He walked up to 90 ft, informs me to stay away from his bike. I start walking back and lay my notebook on the stairway rail. He states I need to take better care of my dogs or he will kick my ass. I inform him it's not advisable. While the whole time I'm watching his hands, I take a quick stare at the Ruger LCP 380 which is the weapon I've on me, which also happens to currently be laying on my notepad being supported with my left hand. I shrug it off, thinking, "Not this again. What the hell is wrong with this guy?" He informs me in agreeance, "Sure, not good good for you" I say to him, "No sir, not good for you. Please leave sir, I'm calling the state troopers." "You're calling the troopers, how about I call the humane society and have them take away your dogs?", he said. I tell him to do what he wants, then finish walking back inside.

The trooper Henry informed me he called and left a message on his machine after I called him back regarding a charge of DC would be in order. I didn't realize how I spoke, botched up the police report. I'll just have to wait for next time and properly write down the conversation.

The land manager will ask the fellow not to return if he comes back making such threats again. Hopefully this will not be a shooting next time, as I plan on always being well armed on weekends now OCing. Typically I get rather tired of the weight regarding my casual clothes(Tac.U pants and coat).

*rolls eyes* I'm sure I'll have a trooper contact me next time if I am open carrying how the guy says I was harassing him since I was open carrying.

I should probably thank the guy, he has taught me to not be armed with only a pocket pistol. Incidents can happen anytime, like the one here.

Here are some photos of the individual and his bike.

3957679484_b5d0cce700.jpg

3957679900_4c5aa3abb0.jpg

wrightme

imported post

Looks like he watches too much "Rescue Ink." :quirky

Did you mention that you thought he was trying to feed your dogs poisoned feed?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
I should probably thank the guy, he has taught me to not be armed with only a pocket pistol. Incidents can happen anytime, like the one here.

Doesn't sound like any kind of gun was needed in this incident. Why on earth would you need a bigger one?

39.gif

wrightme

imported post

HankT wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:

Doesn't sound like any kind of gun was needed in this incident. Why on earth would you need a bigger one?

39.gif
Threat of bodily harm. Unless you missed that part. Got a postulate? :quirky
dpan2571l.jpg

Face it Hank, every day, plenty of people carry firearms, concealed or openly, and never need them. IK may not "need" one. So what?
Here is a 'postulate' for you:
"It is better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it."

david.ross

imported post

I realize all calibers are deadly, but I don't feel "okay" with just a .380.

I should be open carrying when I leave my place of abode anyway. I was outside, so I should be wearing my duty belt. I was not, so I place doubt in myself when I don't consider myself "Ready" for any situation.

JeepSeller

imported post

Racer X wrote:
Next time he comes by ask him if he is riding his wife's bike...or if the 1200 is just too much for him to handle.
Now THAT's funny! Onlywe bike folk get that though. :lol:

M

McX

imported post

Obviously, dudes on Harleys are a greater threat than Open Carriers. Perhapse they should regulate them instead of us!

6L6GC

imported post

just a couple questions, is it your drive way? If it is and you asked him to leave your property and he refused then he's trespassing. Present it that way to the police. Secondly, if he is riding without a helmet then he is violating VA law. Inform the police of that as well. Don't worry about having "just" a 380. A 380 with Gold Dots or Hydra Shoks is a deadly weapon.

Carnivore

imported post

What in the world are you doing to your dogs that is causing so much concern with passersby ?? Post us a couple pics. of your dog/dogs, and I'll be better off to make a judgement on your situation.

If you were my neighbor, and I saw malnurished dogs in your yard, with no type of portable shelter, and no water available on a daily basis, I'd most likely call on you also..

I'm not busting on you, but maybe you should have asked the fella his name, what dept of animal welfare he is a representative of, and if so does he have a record of a complaint filed?

Once you get him to untruthfully identify himself you may have a better legal leg to stand on, and that will allow you to give the PETA/Humane Society/SPCA a kick in the crotch for sending a foul mouth/threatening representative to your property.

My reply to anyone that would come on/to my property boundary and threaten me would be BRANG IT ON !! or inform him that you want a police witness for the ass whoopin he's about to take so that he will have no legal recourse..

Show us a picture of your dogs before i can say i wouldn't want to chain your ass up and starve you myself.

Carnivore

imported post

My Dad used to joke around with a comment to some of his buddies about a fella whos wife was kinda loose with her marital vows, and it went basically like this.

Roofus was sitting on his porch with his Big Bad ole redbone hound and Bocephus comes a walkin up the driveway and the ole dog didn't get up/bark or even growl at Bocephus, Ole Roofus kinda scracthed his haed and says Bocephus, Hows come it is my dog don't bark at youno more when you come around??

bottom line, Bocephus had been visiting more often than Roofus had realized.

Some one may be guaging and socializing with your animals more than you realize, in an effort to earn their trust. That will cause the dog to allow them free run of your place while your away. I smell a break in down the road!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Ezrider wrote:
the 883 is a bitch bike so at least you can have some comfort in that.

it is probably his mothers bike!!

I got to ask, what kind of dogs do you keep, and why do these people think they are malnourished? The dogs I have seen on a raw diet do are usually very thin, but healthy. Just like wolves and coyotes are.

If I saw anyone trying to feed anything to my dogs, I would probably go ballistic and tear their friggin heads off, I have no clue what they would be trying to feed them. My dogs will not accept treats from people they do not know. They will usuallytake it, but drop it and wait until I say it is ok for them to have it.

My pooches get nothing but the best dry food, (Frommes adult gold) and itis supplemented with other things depending on their seasonal needs. I am just not sold on the alleged benefits of a raw diet for a non-working dog.
My latest German Shepherd I adopted was on a raw diet, that was fun getting him on dry again. I could have fueled the house with the gaseous emission from him!

wrightme

imported post

You know what? Carnivore makes perfect sense here. If the guy was really worried about your dogs, he would have called it in.

Photo it, report it, fix it, pack. Not necessarily in that order.

Tomahawk

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
Secondly, if he is riding without a helmet then he is violating VA law.

Methinks this did not take place in VA, since it's in the GD forum and the OP is from Alaska.

I don't appreciate people messing with mypets.This is definitely one of those times where it's best to call the cops first, and start a paper trail. This clown is threatening tobrownshirt you, you gotta beat him to the punch. Besides, he was feeding your dogs, which is not cool in any way. You have no idea what wasin that food.

hopnpop

imported post

I'm a dog guy. On the feeding dog issue: First off, it's a threat in 2 ways - one way is poisoning, and the other is to get the dog to associate food with him, getting the dog to drop guard a little as to pose a lesser threat should he want to break into your house at some point. Just a possibility.

On the other hand, I take wkend getaways at my mother-in-law's campingland, where there is a neighbor with a couple dogs. One of them in particular doesn't seem to get much/any attention from the owner. The dog acts and looks healthy but just doesn't get attention. I'm sympathetic to him even tho he barks his head off at me every morning I emerge from the camper. But when I think I can get away with it, I often go over to his fence and give him left-overs and little bits of whatever and "talk to him" for a few mins. So even tho I know my intentions are good, the owner would have every right to be pissed at me for feeding HIS dog. I would be, too!! So I guess I'm a little hypocritical on the matter...

If the owner were to ever confront me about it I'd surely agree not to do it anymore. But til then I'm gonna continue to treat him a little. IT's only a few times a year anyway :cool:

david.ross

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I got to ask, what kind of dogs do you keep, and why do these people think they are malnourished? The dogs I have seen on a raw diet do are usually very thin, but healthy. Just like wolves and coyotes are.

If I saw anyone trying to feed anything to my dogs, I would probably go ballistic and tear their friggin heads off, I have no clue what they would be trying to feed them. My dogs will not accept treats from people they do not know. They will usuallytake it, but drop it and wait until I say it is ok for them to have it.

My pooches get nothing but the best dry food, (Frommes adult gold) and itis supplemented with other things depending on their seasonal needs. I am just not sold on the alleged benefits of a raw diet for a non-working dog.
My latest German Shepherd I adopted was on a raw diet, that was fun getting him on dry again. I could have fueled the house with the gaseous emission from him!
Thin? xD I first started feeding my malamute raw, poor thing, I got her fat again. After I realized not all dogs had the same metabolism I worked on getting the portions right. So the weight depends on the person being smart.

I try to deescalate situations, not add fuel to the fire. Perhaps a good chewing out is what the guy needs while I'm standing on my side of the fence.

HAHAHAH. Gaseous emissions? That's just your dog. ;D I rarely hear or smell Faith release dangerous gases. The saint bernard on the other hand, a giant breed, is well known to have gas issues. One day last week, I wanted to remove my nose it smelled so bad...

Carnivore wrote:
Some one may be guaging and socializing with your animals more than you realize, in an effort to earn their trust. That will cause the dog to allow them free run of your place while your away. I smell a break in down the road!
I think... I'm now mentally blind from the image you made appear in my head.

My containment area is to the side, separated from my living quarters. TBH, when I was reading I thought you were saying the guy might try to screw my dog(s). :S

I don't neuter or spay my animals, cutting away responsibility to simply make it 'easier' doesn't fly with me. Risk of infection, cancer, or other issues? Unlikely. People read too many statistics, the stat on issues from being intact was performed with a quick survey containing no relevant information. Sent to vets, the questions asked "How many patients do you have intact?" "Of those, how many have developed issues from being intact?" No breed, age, weight, diet, exercise, etc. Relevant information, especially breed. Many breeds are known to develop cancers over others... like humans, humans are breeds... despite what people want to think. My friend from Yugoslavia (now something else0 informed me his people have a common issue with color blindness. The same can be said with any species with multiple breeds.

Carnivore wrote:
What in the world are you doing to your dogs that is causing so much concern with passersby ?? Post us a couple pics. of your dog/dogs, and I'll be better off to make a judgement on your situation.

If you were my neighbor, and I saw malnurished dogs in your yard, with no type of portable shelter, and no water available on a daily basis, I'd most likely call on you also..

I'm not busting on you, but maybe you should have asked the fella his name, what dept of animal welfare he is a representative of, and if so does he have a record of a complaint filed?

Once you get him to untruthfully identify himself you may have a better legal leg to stand on, and that will allow you to give the PETA/Humane Society/SPCA a kick in the crotch for sending a foul mouth/threatening representative to your property.

My reply to anyone that would come on/to my property boundary and threaten me would be BRANG IT ON !! or inform him that you want a police witness for the ass whoopin he's about to take so that he will have no legal recourse..

Show us a picture of your dogs before i can say i wouldn't want to chain your ass up and starve you myself.
Sure, I can post a picture of my dogs. I've a nice D700. You'll probably say my malamute looks absolutely beautiful, and my saint bernard puppy is at a perfect weight/look.(64lbs @ 5 months). You'd have to also know saint bernards aren't supposed to be a sausage on 4 sticks unlike how too many people have their dogs... I can even show you what Faith looked like when I received her(at 4.5 months)... *sigh* someone had the idea malamutes could free-feed... ugh. *facepaws*

Hmm. You actually gave me an idea. I should call the Humane society for my area, if we have one, to see if there is anything I can do to get rid of or influence the guy to go away. The Troopers only left a message on his home machine.