• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy threatened to kick my ass again, then I botched up the police report

Riana

imported post

If it's legal in your state, I'd heartily recommend a running recorder of some sort next time you encounter this individual. The moment he steps onto your property, record him. Video of him feeding the dogs would be prudent. Recorded evidence of his threats would be even better.

And I see no problem with OCing. Sounds prudent in this case.

And I wonder if contacting your local human society, telling them that this person is going around feeding strangers' dogs who-knows-what might be useful as well. Not outright accusing him of poisoning your animals, but certainly put the HS on alert about this guy - you may not be the only one he's doing it to.

Too bad you can't somehow train your dogs to act vicious when he shows up...

JBURGII

imported post

Being the owner of dogs, horses and kids.. I have had accusations thrown my way many times on the care and feeding of them. Kids and animals go through growth spurts which may cause variations in weight and build. When they are at a mature level the OP is right in that you have to find the proper maintenance amount to keep them at a nominal and healthy weight.

Not to mention one persons IDEA of the proper look might not be the same as yours even though neither of you would abuse or neglect an animal in any way. You would not beleive the arguments over shoeing horses! Oh the humanity! Oh the cruelty!

OH the drama.. I get yelled at for not blanketing my horses below 60 degrees.. um they lived for thousands of years before we had 'horse clothes'...

Anyway, your original post sounded like he parked in YOUR driveway like someone else mentioned.. follow up on the trespass angle.. AND you might want to post something on your dogs fence stating 'do not feed' or 'do not pet'.. I'm not sure of the legal weight of this but it does advertise your wishes.. not to mention a 'no trespassing' sign maybe..

Oh, and although I favor large caliber, the .380 with the proper ammo is nothing to sneeze at.. a weapon for self defense is better than no weapon for self defense.

This is just some observations of mine.. hope all goes well.

Rev. Jim

wrightme

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Sure, I can post a picture of my dogs. I've a nice D700. You'll probably say my malamute looks absolutely beautiful, and my saint bernard puppy is at a perfect weight/look.(64lbs @ 5 months). You'd have to also know saint bernards aren't supposed to be a sausage on 4 sticks unlike how too many people have their dogs... I can even show you what Faith looked like when I received her(at 4.5 months)... *sigh* someone had the idea malamutes could free-feed... ugh. *facepaws*

Hmm. You actually gave me an idea. I should call the Humane society for my area, if we have one, to see if there is anything I can do to get rid of or influence the guy to go away. The Troopers only left a message on his home machine.
I wonder if that hd-rider has a dog like this one....

fatdog.jpeg

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I agree with you about the Spay/neuter thing, Both of my current German Shepherds are altered, the only reason is becuase they are both "Rescue Dogs" Each one of them has been surrendered to rescue agencies "TWICE" we are theit 3rd and permanent home. The rescue orgs alter them.

The pooch in my avatar was that "Once in a lifetime dog" he passed in March of 2009 due to old age, & bad hips, he was also dealing with slightdeafness, and some vision loss later in life.
We waited until he was 7-8 years old before neutering him when we found the bad hips, we decided to not further that trait.
He was on a free-feeding plan, and we could not get him to gain weight, he was too thin for his size. After his snip-job, he packed on the pounds real fast and he required measured feedings to keep optimal weight.
Neutering a young dog prevents them from maturing mentally in many cases, they retain their puppy attitude and never really gain intelligence IMO

Free-Feeding, Some breeds are great with it, others are not!
The sporting breeds usually cannot handle a free-feeding schedule, or if you have more than one dog, since they tend to compete for many things, and one of them is food.

hopnpop

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
The pooch in my avatar was that "Once in a lifetime dog" he passed in March of 2009 due to old age, & bad hips, he was also dealing with slightdeafness, and some vision loss later in life.
This was my "once in a lifetime dog". He passed last winter - old age, hips. He was 10. Had about a 2-ft diameter food bowl, ate whenever he pleased. Never gorged himself on it, he was a pretty conservative eater. He was neutered tho, and I think he was heavier because of it. He outweighed my mom. He reached about 125lbs.

DSCF1271.jpg

markand

imported post

Good that you got some photos of the biker. Wouldn't hurt to have audio as well, in case he says anything that could be construed as a threat. Was the food he tried to feed your dogs tainted in any way? If so, that would almost surely be an offense he could be charged with.

+1 on carrying a more potent handgun. You haven't needed it yet, but this guy isn't exactly playing with a full deck. Who knows what he'll try next.

Some busybody in our neighborhood complained about how a neighbor was treating his dog. Don't remember the breed, but it was a pretty good sized dog, German shepherd sized. The complaint: dog house was *outside* where the poor dog might get cold or rained on. Busybody made enough of a fuss with the "humane" society, animal control and local police that my neighbor gave the dog to his brother who lived in a more rural area.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Full deck? The guy gave him some kibble and demanded better treatment upon pain of ass kicking.

TOTALLY a nutcase likely to flip out. :lol::quirky

wrightme

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Full deck? The guy gave him some kibble and demanded better treatment upon pain of ass kicking.

TOTALLY a nutcase likely to flip out.
Yes. Nutcase. No laughy faces necessary. If he really had a problem with how the IK was raising or treating the dogs, he shoulda called it in.

I am sure leaning towards him being either a wannabe "rescue-ink" biker wannabe, or a person prepping for a B&E.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Or just a guy who feels strongly about something but maybe doesn't know there's anyone he CAN call.

Let's stop assuming everyone's a criminal out on patrol.

Take the tinfoil off for a bit.

wrightme

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Or just a guy who feels strongly about something but maybe doesn't know there's anyone he CAN call.

Let's stop assuming everyone's a criminal out on patrol.

Take the tinfoil off for a bit.
Where did that happen? :? Have you been reading the posts, or simply typing inane responses? :?
No one is assuming everyone's a criminal out on patrol. It has been suggested as a possibility. Further, you may desire to actually respond to topics with topical replies....

Glock34 wrote:
Interceptor_Knight wrote:
It now says "banned" under his name.. Looks like the appropriate action was taken.
John just contacted me, Glock43 & Mutzac were both the same person, both were banned / IP banned , both originated in Wisconsin. John also added a new COC Rule, no Stalking.....in the future we should contact him directly and he will take care of it.
Seems to be a new rule in place to prevent the type of posting activity you are now engaging in.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

You mean reading and replying to any post that catches my attention? Such as THE ONLY ACTIVE THREADS AT THE MOMENT?

wrightme

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
You mean reading and replying to any post that catches my attention? Such as THE ONLY ACTIVE THREADS AT THE MOMENT?
No, your choice to post in the thread without adding to the discussion. All you did was attempt to insult IK. Stalking. Maybe you could have added constructive comment, but instead, you chose to simply insult. By the way, there are several pages of active threads at the moment. :quirky