• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Safeco today

DEROS72

imported post

Oc at the Glen Beck rally today.SPD and King county everywhere and not one said a word.Ran into a couple guys that saw me and asked me if I was on the board.I apologize but I can't remember their names.So if you guys see this say hi.One of them was CC and was going into the stadium .Just wondered if he made it ok.They didn't seem to be patting down.Acouple officers just glanced at my side arm and walked on..SPD seems pretty cool with OC.I have never had a problem there. many folks gave me a thumbs up as walked by .And I actually through one of the gates got to say hello to Glen Beck as he was leaving. Thousands were there.I did remember to bring pamphlets and passed out all I had. One guy at a hot dog stand in front of Qwest flagged me down.He asked if that was legal.I told him it was indeedand he was quite exited to know OC was in factlegal, as he said he also was a big gun rights supporter and shoots when ever he can.

All in all I have been to downtown Seattle many times OC everywhere and never had a problem.The only problem with the day is I forgot my camera.Could have got some great pics.

Manu

imported post

SPD and King county cops are always supportive of OC, Just last week here at Dino's I was talking to two SPD officers and all of the sudden OC conversation started and when I mentioned about OCDO, to y surprise they mentioned that they are not aware of this forum so I took the opportunity to pass on some pamphlets to them.

DEROS72

imported post

My hats off to King County and SPD.When I was at the Tea party last april an SPD officer came up to me just to tell me that he supports it and it's not us they worry about.I told him as well that if it ever did hit the fan I'm on their team.Complments also to the Desmoines PD for being great with OC around here .I heve never had anything but good conversations with those guys.

HEre at the aprtments it was sort of funny one time when I went out to talk to a KING county with my side arm and the ganbbangers were watching and saw that nothing happened and they didn't do anything about my gun.So I quess thats why some of those guys still insist I'm a cop. There very politew when I'm around which is fine with me.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Safeway should do a commercial, featuring Deros, he's got the hair for it. :D
Hmmm....got me thinking....Safeway working with local artist Deros....to promote our freedoms.
:celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

Actually I was just invited to display my art again at Congressman Reicherts veteran service fair in Puyallup Oct 10th.Its at a Junior high shcool so I will have to leave the gun in the car.I always at these get a lot of time to talk with him because we both are Vietnam vets. So I'll will bend his ear on OC a little.

killchain

imported post

I got into the Glenn Beck rally CC'ing with absolutely no problems.

My wife got his new book signed too, I got to meet him for about, oh, 15 seconds. Nice man.

DEROS72

imported post

I didn't go in.But I was able to watch his speech from one of the north gates.I could probably see better than if I had. Then as I said when he left he walked right past me at that gate and got to say hello briefly as he walked by the gate.Someone needs to slap me silly for taking off without my camera..I just wan't to go down to see for myself how many showed.I was indeed impressed.The media keeps saying 7000 from what I saw it had to be between 10 and 12. There were only about 40 or so protesters across the street and that what I wanted to see as well.How the media covered it.King and Komo would take a second of the Beck groud and then go across the stree and focus real close on the protesters to make them look bigger than it was.

eBratt

imported post

It was me who ran into you and said hi, DEROS. CC'ed at Beck's speech. No problems at all. Good inspirational speech that focused on principles and not party politics. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Pavegunner

imported post

I'm from Vancouver & drove my father up and made a Glenn Beck/Cabela's day of it. Wanted to OC butCC'ed inside SAFECO out of respect for my dad (retiredLEO and introvert).

They did a great tribute to veterans and active duty. There were approx 7K people there including 2 Medal of Honorrecipients. They were expecting only 1500.

I'll confess I HATE crowds and avoid them at all costs but this was inspirational toreaffirm tomethere are more of us than them and that we will always previal. Glenn Beck was phenom.

What a great day and a great group of people.

killchain

imported post

The tickets were all bought up, it looked more like 9k people to me.

And yes, they did an amazing presentation for veterans. I was honestly moved by it, really made me feel appreciated when they asked all of us to stand up.

I tell you what, the aches and pains from your war injuries sure go away when people are cheering for you.

The Army Staff Sergeant who came out with the flag was very eloquent and very truthful, his speech and presentation was beautiful.

Glenn Beck's speech was very insightful, powerful and truthful.

And, for the miniscule amount of time they allotted for him to do book signing, he was very polite and welcoming. He was very cordial and sociable to myself and my wife, I was impressed.