• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police stake out gun store in Milwaukee.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Officers said they stopped Thompson because it looked like he had put something on the passenger seat. Carrying a gun in the front seat is against the law, police said. Officers stopped Thompson for having windows that were too darkly tinted in his Ford Expedition. They found the gun in a case in the back, which is legal.
Anyone got a statute number for that law???

smithman

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Anyone got a statute number for that law???
It was probably uncased. But the jsonline reporters are not lawyers. Given their difficulty of interpreting the laws, it should tell you something about the great service our legislators are doing for us.

This goes for all our freedoms. People need to use all their freedoms when exercising their right to carry.

Constitutionalist

imported post

If Badger had any marketing sense, they would respond to this by hosting an OC cookout in their parking lot. Drop a few hundred bucks on some brats and burgers and the media exposure of all us EVIL OC'ers defying the gestapo like tactics of the MPD would be priceless!

11 Week sting and they charge 8 people? 8? How many law abiding people were stopped and harassed during that 11 weeks?

They stated "Seized 12 guns from felons and others leaving the store. They arrested nine felons for possessing guns, seven for carrying a concealed weapon and four on drug charges."

So out of all those arrests only 8 charged? Why only 8? Did the DA determine all the other arrests wouldn't hold up in court because of illegal stops and searches? This is total BS.

Reichsfuhrer Barrett is going to run for governor, don't forget that!!!!!!!

protias

imported post

comp45acp wrote:
I believe that someone posted that Badger welcomes open carriers, is that correct?
I know they are in favor of it, but I do not believe they allow it in their store (not 100% sure on that though).

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Constitutionalist wrote:
Reichsfuhrer Barrett is going to run for governor, don't forget that!!!!!!!

Asun-charged felon Flynn clicks his heels and raises a straight arm.

Where is the NAACP on this racial profiling?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

We are trying to convince the sheep that we need to go after the people and not the guns. This store has a disproportionate amount of its handguns used in crimes and many confirmed as being purchased through straw purchases. As a firearm retailer in the store, when you are working with a group of people shopping for a firearm, it is pretty easy to tell who is the actual purchaser and who is just there to fill out the 4473.

I have seen FFLs get angry because a spouse was trying to translate the form for a Hmong customer. The FFL did not want anyone telling another what to fill out on the form. They then went line by line and only allowed the spouse to translate what they told the person the question said or what information needed to be written there. If the person could not write it themselves, they could not purchase the firearm.

If the store can not articulate what its plan is and what it has actually been doing to deploy this plan in order to reduce straw sales, then they are a nuisance and their FFL should be in jeopardy because their business license should be in jeapordy. Straw purchases are most definitely NOT within the law.
If there is data to support their knowingly enabling straw purchases, then they should be standing tall in front of the City Council explaining why their business license should stay in effect.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
I have seen FFLs get angry because a spouse was trying to translate the form for a Hmong customer.
So spouse should have just filled out the form him/her-self and given the gun to her spouse when they got home - pefectly legal in Wisconsin and almost every state to buy guns and give them away as gifts.

Constitutionalist

imported post

We are trying to convince the sheep that we need to go after the people and not the guns. This store has a disproportionate amount of its handguns used in crimes and many confirmed as being purchased through straw purchases.
Knight, while no one disputes the numbers, they are misleading for one reason. Badger is the closest gun store to the city of Milwaukee, Milwaukee itself having NO GUN STORES. In fact, Badger is right across the street from Milwaukee. So if you live in Milwaukee and want to buy a gun Badger is the first place most people go. Also, Badger is very close (5 minute drive) from the shall we say "high crime area" of the city.

The fact that a city as large as Milwaukee has no gun shops in it skews the numbers. So take a similar city, say Cleveland, lets say Cleveland has 10 gun stores, no one store is going to jump off the page as far as guns used in crimes because sales will be spread out among those 10 stores. But now close 9 of them and the 1 remaining will look bad. That is the case here, Badger is just about the only game town.

And where do you get your information to state "and many confirmed as being purchased through straw purchases? How many cases did they cite where guns where purchased through straw purchases? ONE. Of course straw purchases are a problem at Badger, everyone from the ghetto goes there to buy their guns, and I would argue the ghetto has more felons than the rest of the general populace.

This is a fine example of biased reporting. Spout off with all these numbers that look soooo bad, but don't explain why the numbers look the way they do. Then someone up in Green Bay, that has no knowledge of the actual facts surrounding the store will be led to believe the guns used in crime numbers are a result of Badger not being vigiilant about straw buyers, which is not the case.

So close Badger, next year the store that leads the nation in guns used in crimes WILL BE Shooters Shop because they are the next store closest to Milwaukee. Then they can close that because the numbers look so bad, then it will move to the next one, and the next until we end up closing stores in Green Bay because they are being used in shootings in Milwaukee.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Mike wrote:
I have seen FFLs get angry because a spouse was trying to translate the form for a Hmong customer.
So spouse should have just filled out the form him/her-self and given the gun to her spouse when they got home - pefectly legal in Wisconsin and almost every state to buy guns and give them away as gifts.
I agree. No issues at all unless the guy originally trying was prohibited from purchasing and would have failed the NICS check.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
M

McX

imported post

Wow. I just have to ask: Do the criminals get a discount?

gollbladder13

imported post

As much as I hate labeling a whole department racists, I gotta admit that sign is kinda funny.

As far as Badger, I used to go there quite a bit, and almost bought a gun from there, but their prices were too high. I have seen them go through the process of their paperwork from start to finish. They seem to be doing what they're supposed to, but then again, when that guy shot the Milwaukee cop, I seem to remember hearing that the buyer used the ID of somebody else with the same name. They never checked the age or anything on the ID, despite there being a large age gap.

As much as I will usually take the cop's side, and am glad there are fewer felons with guns out there now, this is not the right way to go about it...

ijusam

imported post

"Badger Guns' owner, Adam Allan, said he is doing everything he can to eliminate illegal sales, from banning cell phone use in the store to tough questioning of customers. He said the high crime-gun figures from Badger are explained by his large sales and proximity to Milwaukee."

how does banning cell phones impact illegal gun sales?