Thread: Michigan resident here

Post imported post

So, I came here in search of employment because Michigans unemployment rate is absolutely atrocious. Do I have to be here 90 days before I can get a CPL here? When I become a resident do I have to register a handgun here that was purchased and registered in MI? And lastly do you have to be a resident of this state to open carry here? Thanks for the help guys.

Post imported post

No, though they may wait a longer period of time if you've been here less than 90 days. For me, I applied at about 45 days here and Bellevue PD issued in 15 days.

There is no handgun registration here. Welcome to that freedom .

You do not need to be a resident to open carry.

Recommendation: check the FAQ for any other questions you might have
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Welcome.

Only difference is they have 60 days to approve your CPL vs 30 for residents.

Handgun registration? :Pat that.

Besides checking the FAQ, make sure to print out some of the OC pamphlets for WA. They have a ton of great legal nonsense for you to learn and know

Post imported post

Welcome, Hope you find what you are looking for. Might I ask what field you are in?
    Also, like Michigan you must have a CPL to carry loaded in your vehicle.

Post imported post

I will be going into Law Enforcement. I attended a basic training academy in Michigan, but then the economy there got even worse, so now I am pretty much at square 1 all over again here.

Banned

Post imported post

takes up to 60 days, just get a washington id or drivers license

Post imported post

If you're looking around Southeast Washington, Pasco PD is looking for people.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Well I made my application on Monday w/ Bellevue PD, so now I am just trying to wait patiently to get that happy piece of paper in the mail. Its like being a kid and trying to wait for Christmas morning!

Banned

Post imported post

no but it gets him a valid address and you use it to prove your a resident

ps stsy away from snoho they like to shoot people