• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan resident here

dbark

imported post

So, I came here in search of employment because Michigans unemployment rate is absolutely atrocious. Do I have to be here 90 days before I can get a CPL here? When I become a resident do I have to register a handgun here that was purchased and registered in MI? And lastly do you have to be a resident of this state to open carry here? Thanks for the help guys.

Tawnos

imported post

No, though they may wait a longer period of time if you've been here less than 90 days. For me, I applied at about 45 days here and Bellevue PD issued in 15 days.

There is no handgun registration here. Welcome to that freedom :).

You do not need to be a resident to open carry.

Recommendation: check the FAQ for any other questions you might have :)

David.Car

imported post

Welcome.

Only difference is they have 60 days to approve your CPL vs 30 for residents.

Handgun registration? :pat that.

Besides checking the FAQ, make sure to print out some of the OC pamphlets for WA. They have a ton of great legal nonsense for you to learn and know :D

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome, Hope you find what you are looking for. Might I ask what field you are in?
Also, like Michigan you must have a CPL to carry loaded in your vehicle.

dbark

imported post

I will be going into Law Enforcement. I attended a basic training academy in Michigan, but then the economy there got even worse, so now I am pretty much at square 1 all over again here.

dbark

imported post

Well I made my application on Monday w/ Bellevue PD, so now I am just trying to wait patiently to get that happy piece of paper in the mail. Its like being a kid and trying to wait for Christmas morning!

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

no but it gets him a valid address and you use it to prove your a resident

ps stsy away from snoho they like to shoot people