• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

finally gonna oc guy's (advice)

hopnpop

imported post

dougwg wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
dougwg wrote:
group hug
I'm game, no funny business though!

:uhoh:
Oh! there WILL BE funny business, and you'll like it too!

:what:
:uhoh: Um...er....mmkay.... :lol:

Well, joe_robi, it'd be much worth your while to work on getting your CPL. Take back bottles & get a change jar going or something! Find a jar & slap a "Joe's CPL fund" sticky on it! Whore yourself out! Syphon gas from parking lots, sellit to your neighbors, something! Kidding, of course. We don't need to face no stinkin' charges!! Taking a $100 (ish) CPL class is one thing, but another $100 (ish) to get all the paperwork filed SUCKS!! Even if you have to save & scrape to get the $$ together, you'll not regret it in the end. Keep it close to the top of your to-do list!! Til then, every little bit of experience helps, so if you have an opportunity to practice and/or carry, do it.

Leader

imported post

joe_robi wrote:
thanks guys, i just wish i could of afford to get my cpl so i wasnt restricted to the hardware store

Work at it in small steps.

The certificate NEVER expires so work on getting the class first. If you can't save the $$ for the application for a year or two, your cert is still good.

Besides... if you took your class & saved just a little towards your CPL fee... I bet you could get donations from some of the people here for the rest.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Leader wrote:
joe_robi wrote:
thanks guys, i just wish i could of afford to get my cpl so i wasnt restricted to the hardware store

snip.... I bet you could get donations from some of the people here for the rest.

Done

Please sendPaypal donations to joe_robi@billetflow.com

I want everyone with a paypal account to donate at least $1.00

Who's gunna be first?

The goal is $105

hopnpop

imported post

No PayPal acct but I'd snail mail at least a$5 to start if entrusted with mailing address. Better keep it in the CPL fund, tho.... :p

office888

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
Were people running from the beach?
I assume you're referencing the South Haven Picnic? ...to which there's a thread specifically for it. In it, it says that no, people were not "scurrying from the beach". A witness mentioned that no one seemed to freak or run screaming for the hills - especially not the 150 or so that the Herald Paladium said did... Keep on topic please
rooffll.

Yeah.

We stood around for a minute:
*pop*
*awkward silence*
"...I really hope that wasn't a negligent discharge."

It seriously sounded like someone dropped a poker table with the flat side down, or a backfire. Shockingly quiet.

Nobody noticed.

About ten minutes later some guy walked by:
"I think someone just shot a hole in the parking lot and took off."

The funny part, is he said pretty calmly, as if he really didn't give a damn.

-Richard-

hopnpop

imported post

Where's Joe_robi? It's his thread and he disappeared! I'd like to see him get the help he needs and am genuinely curious to see if anyone is willing to do their small part. I'll get that warm, fuzzy feelingif itworks. I'll probably feel like a jackass if it doesn't. Let's see some good will toward man!! :celebrate

I just noticed, Joe's a young'n!! Pic doesn't look like a 28 yr old!LOL Might just be me :)