• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Lunch at Kitchen 64

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/open-carry-lunch-at-kitchen-64/

Yesterday after a somewhat unpleasant experience at the movies, a group of Open Carry people had lunch at Kitchen 64.

It was a delightful lunch.

We went in and were seated. This was my first trip there and it was clean, bright, well decorated and best of all, wanted our business. The only downside was that it was No Smoking.

This was a fairly small group but we were still treated wonderfully. Since I’m diabetic, my menu choices are normally limited, but there was plenty for me to eat.

I walked outside to smoke a cigarette and immediately got questions about open carry from another patron. Turned out he was from Charles City (Old Va country) and we knew the same people. While talking to him, another of our group was explaining that Open Carry was an accepted and legal practice in Virginia, to another customer.

As I walked back to my table, I was hailed by a dignified couple and the Gentleman, who has a CHP, wanted to know the law in an establishment with an ABC License. I explained it and chatted for a few minute. Nice people! OC cards were given to everyone we spoke to.

I went back to the table and lunch came.

Kitchen 64, made up for the irritation I had over the Bow Tie Cinema.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Good job and apparently nice place to eat.

Now if they only showed movies. :?

Yata hey