• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who OC's in the Sag/mid/bay area?

qqq1

imported post

I've just started OC'ing a little around my apartment in Saginaw(right by green acres plaza). I've been in kroger, rite-aid, wendy's, and just walking around for some exercise. Haven't even noticed a reaction yet, let alone had any issues. Kinda funny because the same weekend I oc'ed in rite-aid and kroger, they both got robbed. I've never seen anyone else oc'ing around. Anyone here who does it? Any known trouble areas? LEO or business issues?

Bronson

imported post

Do you have your CPL? If not you cannot OC inthe Kroger or Rite Aid since they are licensed to sell alcohol. If you do have it then you're good to go and you can just ignore this :p

Bronson

qqq1

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Do you have your CPL? If not you cannot OC inthe Kroger or Rite Aid since they are licensed to sell alcohol. If you do have it then you're good to go and you can just ignore this :p

Bronson
Well that's not good to hear, no cpl for me. I swear I had read that I only could not OC in a place that makes 50% of its income from SERVING alcohol (such as a bar). If it was a restaurant that has a main purpose of serving food, or a store that just sells alcohol, it was not an issue. Did I really mess up that bad?

*Yup, looks like I did mess up. Well thanks, at least I know now. I just thought for sure it was an issue of the place being somewhere that serves for immediate drinking or somewhere you can buy packaged alcohol to take away. Why would it matter that they simply offer packaged alcohol? No one can get drunk there.

Bronson

imported post

qqq1 wrote:
*Yup, looks like I did mess up. Well thanks, at least I know now. I just thought for sure it was an issue of the place being somewhere that serves for immediate drinking or somewhere you can buy packaged alcohol to take away. Why would it matter that they simply offer packaged alcohol? No one can get drunk there.
I think where a lot of people get confused is that we have two separate lists of pistol free zones in Michigan.

One list is for the general possession of pistol (Open Carry) but in the listed exceptions it exempts anyone who is licensed to carry a concealed pistol.

The other list provides the places you may not carry a concealed pistol.

Quite often I hear people mix up the places from these two lists. Even people who should know better.

Bronson

B

Bikenut

imported post

Howdy almost neighbor! Yooperlady and I OC quite often (can't say always simply because there are days I just don't feel up to fielding any possible negative experiences and CC on those days) in the areas/towns mostly South and East/West of Saginaw since we live South of Saginaw.

I have OC'ed in Saginaw's Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods, Hobby Lobby... lots of stares there!, and Wal Mart without any problems.