• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I messed up. No OC at ANY place selling alcohol?

KittyBomb

imported post

burgundyyears wrote:
If a location is licensed by the state liquor board in any capacity, and you don't have a CPL, you can't OC there. Period. Yes, that means that many retail establishments are off limits for OC for non-CPL holders, no matter what alcohol they sell, how it's sold, or how much or how little it is of their business.
Are any of the ones who are wanting to be the next Governor of Michigan able to do anything about maybe changing that to places that just serve alcohol rather than every retail outlet that sells packaged alcohol? How about anything going on in Lansing, is there anything at all being done to change that?

Without a CPL that really limits the places I can go while OC'ing.
I can't afford to get a CPL and I don't see that changing any time soon.
It would be nice if they would change that. I don't go to bars, taverns or establishments that serve alcohol but I do shop for groceries and go to the neighbourhood Rite Aid and Walgreen's, it just seems almost every grocery store and drug store sells alcohol, discount stores too, Wal~Mart and the like.

Or even better let people lawfully carry OC and CC without the permission slip.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

I see many folks getting confused about the differences in rules for CPL vs non-CPL. I would suggest that a good way to go about the learning process is to first learn only the rules for non-cpl carry. Then after that is mastered go back and learn the rules of CPL carry that enhances your liberties. Trying to take in everything at once is a recipe for confusion.