• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick Intro of Mt Vernon .40

Mt Vernon .40

imported post

Hi everybody.

New member here; just wanted to intro myself.

I've been following this forum for several months and have been impressed with it's adherence to high standards and meaningful content.

Originally from Texas; I recently retired from the USN after 24 years of active service.

Since I've now lived in the Mt Vernon section of Fairfax County longer than any other single location in my life, I now actually consider myself a Virginian ...

... and can't think of many places better to live from a 2A perspective! :D

FWIW, I shoot a Springfield XDM .40 and a .40 "Baby Glock" (Model 27).

Looking forward to actively participating in the future.

Keep up the great work!

<edited to correct typos>

TexasNative

imported post

Welcome to the Forums!

~ Boyd

((And even though I've lived in Virginia for 15 years following my own Navy career, I'm still a Texan. :) ))

Milbars

imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Have you been to VCDL yet? Thanks for enduring 24 years! Just about to hit 6 myself while I'm coming near the end of another deployment in Iraq. What do you think about that XD platform? I've been eyeing it for a while.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Another welcome to OCDO. Hope you read the part about the newbie buying the ammo.;)

Up in the part of Virginia you are in you might as well be considered one of the original settlers. If you venture further south be prepared for less :what:and more :)from folks who notice you Open Carrying.

Do keep an eye out for the various meet-ups - most of which are around breakfast, lunch, or dinner with like-minded folks. Check out VCDL www.vcdl.org and sign up for the VA-ALERT newsletter even if you do not join - but you really should join.

stay safe.

skidmark

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Welcome to OCDO, Mt Vernon and thank you for your service. I was in the Coast Guard for 22 years and retired in '05.

I look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event!

Semper Paratus!

Mike

AbNo

imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Welcome to the Forums!

~ Boyd

((And even though I've lived in Virginia for 15 years following my own Navy career, I'm still a Texan. :) ))
You sound like this one guy I know with "Native Texan" for his license plate, though I forget how he had it formatted. :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Welcome to the mad house.... Sure hope you don't argue as much as that other Texan we have:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP BTW - antis argue, pro gunnys discuss.
And cannoneers "shoot off" their mouth; but that's a different issue. :):p

Welcome aboard, MtVernon.40!
Better than that which spppts out t'other end of lesser arms. :lol:

Don't mind us MtV. Some would say we are dueling, but his ain't loaded right. :)

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP BTW - antis argue, pro gunnys discuss.
And cannoneers "shoot off" their mouth; but that's a different issue. :):p

Welcome aboard, MtVernon.40!
Better than that which spppts out t'other end of lesser arms. :lol:

Don't mind us MtV. Some would say we are dueling, but his ain't loaded right. :)

Yata hey
LOL.

I should'a known better.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Another welcome to OCDO. Hope you read the part about the newbie buying the ammo.;)

Up in the part of Virginia you are in you might as well be considered one of the original settlers. If you venture further south be prepared for less :what:and more :)from folks who notice you Open Carrying.

Do keep an eye out for the various meet-ups - most of which are around breakfast, lunch, or dinner with like-minded folks. Check out VCDL http://www.vcdl.org and sign up for the VA-ALERT newsletter even if you do not join - but you really should join.

stay safe.

skidmark
One may be inclined to see this be true in the closer-in areas of Northern Virginia, but definitely not out where I live. Out here in western Prince William County, it's as natural as breathing.