• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOI Card

Sealgar

imported post

Is it possible for someone that wishes to travel thru Ill to get one of these cards so as to legally possess a shotgun while there? I can carry anywhere else between Texas and there, but understand that a FOI is needed.

jim

junglebob

imported post

You're talking about the FOID card? It is only issued to Illinois residents. The good news is that it is only required of Illinois residents to own a firearm or buy ammo. If you are a non-resident you can transport a firearm, encased unloaded and not immediately accessible, or broken down, or buy ammo without it. It is also legal to have a loaded firearm in your "abode", which HB182 that passed this year clarifies is a hotel or motel room.

You can look at the transportation rules at www. isp.state.il.us Keep in mind that local ordinances may be more strict than state law. If you are traveling in the Chicago area, or north of Interstate 80 this may be the case. If you follow federal transport laws you are OK there as well.

junglebob

imported post

Sealgar, Just for information you are in friendlier territory in respect to firearms when you are in Illinois south of Interstate 64 or Interstate 70. The county just south of me had a referendum on the ballot recently "should the state pass LTC legislation" It passed with a 67% yes vote. One county over is Goreville Illinois which passed an ordinance in the early 80's that every household was required to have a firearm. This was about the same time that the Chicago suburb of Morton Grove passed a handgun ban. I guess that is why Southern Illinois is sometimes referred to as "the other Illinois".

You might find www.pro2aresoltion.com interesting it shows the counties that have passed the second amendment resolution which is about 90% of the counties. This was in response to AWB type legislation being introduced. These counties basically saying they wouldn't enforce this legislation if passed by the state legislature. No AWB or magazine restrictions have passed, but if they did this would be a curb to their effectiveness. Some counties have voted this resolution down others like Cook won't even vote on it.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

junglebob wrote:
One county over is Goreville Illinois which passed an ordinance in the early 80's that every household was required to have a firearm. This was about the same time that the Chicago suburb of Morton Grove passed a handgun ban. I guess that is why Southern Illinois is sometimes referred to as "the other Illinois".

You know what guys, What would need to be done for "the other Illinois" to split off from the bundle off attitude filled with criminals that is commonly referred to as greater Chicagoland.

I reside in far northen Wisconsin, and I have learned recentlt that just because a vehicle has an IL license plate on it, it does not mean the occupants are chicago based pricks. You guys do get a bad reputation from the inhabitants in and near Chicago.(I mean no offense to those who reside in or near Chicago, I know it is not your fault, the area makes you what you are, I started to see myself change from the influence)

Maybe everything north of I-80 could become a seperate state, different from the northern half? The 51st state maybe? The state with no rights, no protections, no rules or reason. Basically a larger version of Detroit that has its own laws and way. I think Chicago should take a good long look at Detroit to see what it is becoming.

I took a 7 year vacation from sanity back in the 1990's to live & work in IL, I could not wait to get back out of that state. I was in northern McHenry county, and worked in the loop 3-4 days a week.